The Syracuse Orange (10-5) are slight underdogs (by 2 points) to end a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Clemson Tigers (11-5) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 135.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.2 points of each other).
In this game, the model projects a total (137.5 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (135 points).
Prediction: Clemson 70, Syracuse 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Tigers have an average implied point total of 67.9 this season, which is 1.1 points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (69).
- Clemson has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (69) four times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Orange (77.1) is 10.1 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (67).
- Syracuse has put up more than 67 points 12 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Clemson and Syracuse Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Tigers are shooting 41.2% from the field this season, one percentage point higher than the 40.2% the Orange allow to opponents.
- Clemson is 3-3-1 against the spread and 6-2 overall in games when it collectively shoots higher than 40.2% from the field.
- Syracuse is 6-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 41.2% from the field.
- The Orange are shooting 44.8% from the field, 2.4% higher than the 42.4% the Tigers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Syracuse has compiled a 4-3 record against the spread and an 8-1 straight up record in games it shoots better than 42.4% from the field.
- When Clemson’s opponents shoot higher than 44.8% from the field, it is 7-1-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- The Tigers shoot 30.6% from beyond the arc, 1.4% higher than the 29.2% the Orange allow to opponents.
- Clemson has collected an 8-2 straight-up record and a 4-4-1 record against the spread in games when the team knocks down more than 29.2% of its three-point attempts this season.
- Syracuse is 6-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread when its opponents shoot better than 30.6% from deep.
- The Orange three-point shooting percentage this season (31.6%) is -3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Tigers are averaging (34.6%).
- Syracuse has a 2-2 ATS record and has gone 5-0 straight-up when making more than 34.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Clemson is 5-1 ATS and 6-1 overall in games when shooting over 31.6% from deep.
- When Syracuse makes more threes than its opponents, it is 2-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall. When Clemson is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 1-4 ATS and 1-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from