The No. 12 Illinois Fighting Illini (12-5) are favored (-3.5) to build on a three-game win streak when they host the No. 19 Wisconsin Badgers (14-5) at 2:30 PM ET on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at State Farm Center. The contest airs on FOX. The matchup’s over/under is 136.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Fighting Illini (-3.5)
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Fighting Illini to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (5.8) is 2.3 points further in their direction.
The model predicts a total 6.5 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Illinois 74, Wisconsin 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Fighting Illini this season is 79.4 points, 9.4 more points than their implied total of 70 points in Saturday’s game.
- Illinois has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (70) 13 times this season.
- The 68.9-point average implied total on the season for the Badgers is 1.9 more points than the team’s 67-point implied total in this matchup.
- Wisconsin has put up more than 67 points in 13 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Illinois and Wisconsin Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Fighting Illini have a 50.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 9.9% higher than the 40.4% of shots the Badgers’ opponents have made.
- Illinois has compiled a 9-5-1 record against the spread and an 11-5 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 40.4% from the field.
- Wisconsin has a 9-7 record against the spread and a 14-3 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 50.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Badgers are shooting 43.6% from the field, 2.8% higher than the 40.8% the Fighting Illini’s opponents have shot this season.
- Wisconsin is 10-2 overall and 7-5 against the spread when it hits more than 40.8% of its shots from the field.
- When Illinois’ opponents hit better than 43.6% from the field, it is 9-1-1 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- The Fighting Illini’s 39.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 7.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Badgers have shot from deep (31.9%).
- Illinois is 10-4 overall and 8-4-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 31.9% from distance.
- Wisconsin has an 8-7 record against the spread while going 12-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 39.7% from deep.
- The Badgers three-point shooting percentage this season (37.4%) is three percentage points higher than opponents of the Fighting Illini are averaging (34.4%).
- Wisconsin has an 8-3 ATS record and has gone 10-1 straight-up when hitting more than 34.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Illinois has a 6-1 ATS record and a 6-1 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 37.4% of its three-point shots.
- Wisconsin has gone 7-5 against the spread and 10-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Illinois hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 2-4 ATS and 3-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from