The No. 6 Texas Longhorns (11-4) visit the Oklahoma State Cowboys (11-5) in a matchup of Big 12 teams at Gallagher-Iba Arena, starting at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 6, 2021. The Longhorns are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The point total is set at 146 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Longhorns taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (0.0 points). Lean towards taking the Cowboys.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this contest, within 0.0 points of each other.
Prediction: Texas 74, Oklahoma State 73
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Longhorns’ average implied point total this season is 0.4 fewer points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (73.6 implied points on average compared to 74 implied points in this game).
- This season, Texas has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (74) 10 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Cowboys (76.2) is 4.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (72).
- Oklahoma State has scored more than 72 points in 12 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Texas and Oklahoma State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Longhorns make 45.8% of their shots from the field this season, which is 4.1 percentage points higher than the Cowboys have allowed to their opponents (41.7%).
- Texas is 5-7 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it shoots better than 41.7% from the field.
- Oklahoma State has put together a 6-4-1 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall when its opponents hit more than 45.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Cowboys have shot at a 47.1% clip from the field this season, 6.7 percentage points greater than the 40.4% shooting opponents of the Longhorns have averaged.
- Oklahoma State is 11-5 overall and 8-7-1 against the spread when it knocks down more than 40.4% of its attempts from the field.
- This season, Texas has a 6-6 record against the spread and a 9-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 47.1% from the field.
- The Longhorns’ 35.6% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cowboys have shot from deep (33.2%).
- Texas has a 3-4 record against the spread and a 5-2 record overall when the team connects on more than 33.2% of its shots from three-point distance.
- Oklahoma State has put up an 8-1 straight-up record and gone 7-1-1 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 35.6% from downtown.
- The Cowboys’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.2%) is only 3.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Longhorns are averaging (30.4%).
- Oklahoma State is 6-3 ATS and 7-2 overall when hitting more than 30.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Texas has an 8-2 straight-up record and a 5-5 ATS record this season when it hits more than 34.2% of its three-point attempts.
- The Longhorns’ 9.2 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.7 more made shots on average than the 6.5 per game the Cowboys allow.
- When Texas makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 5-8 against the spread and 10-3 overall. When Oklahoma State is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 3-5 ATS and 4-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from