The Mississippi State Bulldogs (10-9) visit the South Carolina Gamecocks (5-6) after losing three straight road games. The Gamecocks are favored by only 2.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 3:30 PM ET on Saturday, February 6, 2021. The matchup’s point total is set at 142.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this game suggested by the model (1.9 points) is a little bit less than the 2.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Gamecocks, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 1.4 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: South Carolina 73, Mississippi State 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Gamecocks have an average implied point total of 76.1 this season, which is 4.1 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (72).
- South Carolina will try to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (72) for the seventh time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Bulldogs (72.3) is 2.3 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (70).
- Mississippi State has scored more than 70 points in 12 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
South Carolina and Mississippi State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Gamecocks are shooting 43.5% from the field this season, three percentage points higher than the 40.5% the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- South Carolina is 5-4 against the spread and 5-4 overall in games when it shoots higher than 40.5% from the field.
- Mississippi State has put up a 7-6 record against the spread and a 9-5 record overall when its opponents knock down more than 43.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Bulldogs are shooting 44.5% from the field, 0% higher than the 44.5% the Gamecocks’ opponents have shot this season.
- Mississippi State has compiled a 7-2 straight up record and a 5-3 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 44.5% from the field.
- South Carolina is 4-1 overall and 4-1 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot above 44.5% from the field.
- The Gamecocks’ 32.8% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Bulldogs have shot from beyond the arc (33%).
- South Carolina is 3-3 overall and 3-3 against the spread when it shoots better than 33% from distance.
- Mississippi State has gone 6-5 overall and has a 6-4 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 32.8% from deep.
- The Bulldogs shoot 34.7% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 2.2 percentage points higher than the Gamecocks have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.5%).
- Mississippi State’s record is 6-3 ATS and 8-1 overall when the team makes more than 32.5% of its three-point attempts.
- South Carolina has a 4-1 ATS record and a 4-1 straight-up record in games this season when it connects on more than 34.7% of its three-point shots.
- The Gamecocks’ 7.6 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.8 more made shots on average than the 5.8 per game the Bulldogs allow.
- South Carolina is 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Mississippi State is 6-4 ATS and 6-5 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from