The No. 14 Virginia Cavaliers (12-3) are heavy favorites (-11) as they attempt to extend a seven-game home win streak when they take on the Pittsburgh Panthers (9-5) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at John Paul Jones Arena. The contest airs at 4:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s point total is set at 127.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Cavaliers by 9.5 points, just 1.5 fewer than the 11-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model predicts a total (136.6 points) much higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game (127.5 points). Take the over.
Prediction: Virginia 73, Pittsburgh 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Cavaliers this season is 68.7 points, 0.3 fewer points than their implied total of 69 points in Saturday’s game.
- Virginia has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (69) nine times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Panthers (73.9) is 15.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (58).
- Pittsburgh will try to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (58) for the 13th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Virginia and Pittsburgh Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 11+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Cavaliers make 49.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 7.6 percentage points higher than the Panthers have allowed to their opponents (41.8%).
- Virginia is 9-3 against the spread and 12-1 overall when it shoots higher than 41.8% from the field.
- Pittsburgh has an 8-4 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall when its opponents hit more than 49.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Panthers are shooting 42.9% from the field, 1.3% higher than the 41.6% the Cavaliers’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Pittsburgh has put up a 5-3 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall in games the team shoots above 41.6% collectively from the field.
- This season, Virginia has an 8-1 straight up record and a 7-1 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot over 42.9% from the field.
- The Cavaliers’ 38.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is 8.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Panthers have shot from deep (30.2%).
- Virginia is 7-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall when it shoots better than 30.2% from deep.
- Pittsburgh has compiled an 8-4 against the spread while going 9-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 38.9% from downtown.
- The Panthers three-point shooting percentage this season (32.5%) is -1.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cavaliers are averaging (34.3%).
- Pittsburgh is 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it shoots over 34.3% as a team from deep.
- Virginia is 8-0 ATS and 9-0 overall in games it shoots over 32.5% from deep.
- The Cavaliers’ 8.8 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.0 more made shots on average than the 6.8 per game the Panthers give up.
- Virginia has gone 7-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Pittsburgh makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 3-3 ATS and 3-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from