The Northwestern Wildcats (6-9) will attempt to end an eight-game losing streak when they visit the No. 24 Purdue Boilermakers (12-7) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Mackey Arena as 7-point underdogs. The game airs at 4:30 PM ET on BTN. The matchup’s over/under is set at 137.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Boilermakers to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (8.9) is 1.9 points further in their direction.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 4.6 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Purdue 75, Northwestern 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Boilermakers this season is 72.2 points, 0.2 more points than their implied total of 72 points in Saturday’s game.
- Purdue has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (72) nine times.
- The Wildcats’ average implied point total on the season (77.5 points) is 12.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (65 points).
- Northwestern has totaled more than 65 points in 12 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Purdue and Northwestern Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Boilermakers have a 44.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.8% higher than the 43.8% of shots the Wildcats’ opponents have knocked down.
- Purdue is 7-3 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it shoots better than 43.8% from the field.
- Northwestern is 3-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot higher than 44.6% from the field.
- The Wildcats have shot at a 44.9% rate from the field this season, 3.3 percentage points above the 41.6% shooting opponents of the Boilermakers have averaged.
- Northwestern is 5-2 against the spread and 6-4 overall when it shoots better than 41.6% from the field.
- This season, Purdue has a 12-3 straight up record and an 8-5 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 44.9% from the field.
- The Boilermakers shoot 34.6% from beyond the arc, 1% higher than the 33.6% the Wildcats allow to opponents.
- Purdue has a 4-3-1 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall when the team makes more than 33.6% of its shots from three-point distance.
- Northwestern has compiled a 3-0 against the spread while going 5-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.6% from deep.
- The Wildcats are knocking down 36.4% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 4.2 percentage points higher than the 32.2% the Boilermakers’ are averaging on the season.
- Northwestern is 5-1 ATS and 6-2 overall when hitting more than 32.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Purdue has a 7-5-1 ATS record and a 10-5 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 36.4% of its three-point attempts.
- The Boilermakers make 7.5 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 fewer makes per game than the Wildcats give up (8.6).
- When Northwestern makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 4-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall. When Purdue is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 5-4 ATS and 7-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from