Big East opponents square off when the No. 15 Creighton Bluejays (13-5) visit the Marquette Golden Eagles (9-9) at Fiserv Forum, beginning at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 6, 2021. The Golden Eagles are 4.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 145.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Eagles (+4.5)
The model favors the Bluejays by 2.8 points, just 1.7 fewer than the 4.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.4 points of each other.
Prediction: Creighton 74, Marquette 72
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bluejays’ average implied point total this season is 4.5 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (79.5 implied points on average compared to 75 implied points in this game).
- Creighton has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (75) 10 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Golden Eagles (71) is equal to the team’s implied total in this matchup.
- Marquette will look to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (71) for the eighth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Creighton and Marquette Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bluejays make 48.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 8.3 percentage points higher than the Golden Eagles have allowed to their opponents (40.1%).
- In games when Creighton shoots higher than 40.1% from the field, it is 5-9 against the spread and 12-5 overall.
- Marquette is 5-11 against the spread and 9-8 overall when its opponents shoot better than 48.4% from the field.
- The Golden Eagles’ 45.2% shooting percentage from the field this season is 4.7 percentage points higher than the Bluejays have allowed to their opponents (40.5%).
- Marquette has put together a 5-8 record against the spread and an 8-6 record overall in games when it shoots higher than 40.5% from the field.
- This season, Creighton has a 4-8 record against the spread and an 11-3 record overall when its opponents shoot over 45.2% from the field.
- The Bluejays’ 36.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Golden Eagles have shot from beyond the arc (35.7%).
- Creighton is 6-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 35.7% from distance.
- Marquette has put together a 5-4 straight-up record and gone 3-6 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 36.9% from downtown.
- The Golden Eagles’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.9%) is just 1.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Bluejays are averaging (33.3%).
- Marquette has a 4-5 ATS record and is 7-3 straight-up in games when the team makes more than 33.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Creighton has a 1-7 ATS record and an 8-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.9% from downtown.
- The Bluejays’ 9.9 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.8 more made shots on average than the 7.1 per game the Golden Eagles give up.
- Creighton is 4-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it hit more threes than its opponents, while Marquette is 3-8 ATS and 5-7 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from