The Vanderbilt Commodores (5-8) visit the Georgia Bulldogs (11-6) after losing four straight road games. The Bulldogs are favored by 5.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 6, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is set at 154.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Bulldogs favored by 5.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (7.7 points).
The model predicts a total 3.4 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Georgia 79, Vanderbilt 72
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bulldogs’ average implied point total this season is 0.2 fewer points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (79.8 implied points on average compared to 80 implied points in this game).
- Georgia has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (80) seven times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Commodores (77.7) is 2.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (75).
- Vanderbilt has scored more than 75 points five times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Georgia and Vanderbilt Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bulldogs make 46.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.9 percentage points lower than the Commodores have allowed to their opponents (48.1%).
- Georgia is 5-2 against the spread and 8-1 overall when it shoots higher than 48.1% from the field.
- Vanderbilt has a 3-2-1 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 46.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Commodores are shooting 43.5% from the field, 1.5% lower than the 45% the Bulldogs’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Vanderbilt has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall in games the team shoots better than 45% collectively from the field.
- When opponents of Georgia shoot over 43.5% from the field, it is 4-1 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- The Bulldogs shoot 31.9% from deep, 4% lower than the 35.9% the Commodores allow to opponents.
- Georgia is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 35.9% from distance.
- Vanderbilt has compiled a 1-1-1 against the spread while going 3-0 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 31.9% from deep.
- The Commodores’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.5%) is only 2.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Bulldogs are averaging (31.6%).
- Vanderbilt is 5-1-1 ATS and 3-4 overall when hitting more than 31.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Georgia is 10-2 overall and 7-3 ATS in games it shoots above 34.5% from deep.
- The Bulldogs knock down 6.3 three-pointers per game this season, 3.1 fewer made shots on average than the 9.4 per game the Commodores give up.
- Vanderbilt has gone 5-3 against the spread and 4-4 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Georgia makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-5 ATS and 5-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from