The USC Trojans (14-3) are 3-point favorites as they attempt to extend a three-game win streak when they host the No. 21 UCLA Bruins (13-3) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Galen Center. The game airs at 10:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s over/under is set at 135.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model projects the Trojans to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by slightly more points (4.6 to 3).
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 6.1 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: USC 73, UCLA 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Trojans this season is 73.7 points, 4.7 more points than their implied total of 69 points in Saturday’s game.
- USC has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (69) 12 times this season.
- The Bruins’ average implied point total on the season (72.2 points) is 6.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (66 points).
- UCLA has totaled more than 66 points 12 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
USC and UCLA Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Trojans make 46.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.6 percentage points higher than the Bruins have allowed to their opponents (43.1%).
- In games when USC shoots better than 43.1% from the field, it is 9-2 against the spread and 11-0 overall.
- UCLA is 11-2 overall and 8-4 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 46.7% from the field.
- The Bruins are shooting 45.4% from the field, 7.2% higher than the 38.2% the Trojans’ opponents have shot this season.
- UCLA has an 8-6 record against the spread and a 12-3 record overall in games when it shoots above 38.2% from the field.
- USC is 9-5 against the spread and 12-3 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot above 45.4% from the field.
- The Trojans shoot 33.2% from deep, 1.3% higher than the 31.9% the Bruins allow to opponents.
- USC has put together a 7-2 record against the spread and an 8-1 straight-up record in games this season when making more than 31.9% of its three-point shots.
- UCLA has a 4-1 record against the spread while going 5-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 33.2% from deep.
- The Bruins three-point shooting percentage this season (37.3%) is 4.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Trojans are averaging (32.8%).
- UCLA has a 5-5 ATS record and is 9-2 straight-up in games when the team makes more than 32.8% of its three-point attempts.
- USC is 9-2 overall and 7-3 ATS in games it shoots above 37.3% from deep.
- UCLA is 4-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while USC is 4-3 ATS and 7-1 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from