The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (13-4) are 7.5-point favorites as they try to continue a four-game win streak when they visit the Florida Atlantic Owls (8-7) on Sunday, February 7, 2021 at FAU Arena. The matchup airs at 12:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 138.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Hilltoppers by 4.7 points, just 2.8 fewer than the 7.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model predicts a total 3.6 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Western Kentucky 73, Florida Atlantic 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Hilltoppers have an average implied point total of 76.9 this season, which is 3.9 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (73).
- Western Kentucky has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (73) eight times this season.
- The Owls’ average implied point total on the season (70.2 points) is 4.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (66 points).
- This season, Florida Atlantic has scored more than this game’s implied total of 66 points 13 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Western Kentucky and Florida Atlantic Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Hilltoppers have a 45.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.4% higher than the 41.7% of shots the Owls’ opponents have hit.
- Western Kentucky has a 7-8 record against the spread and a 12-3 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 41.7% from the field.
- Florida Atlantic’s record is 6-3 overall and 3-2 against the spread when its opponents make more than 45.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Owls have shot at a 47.3% rate from the field this season, 4.2 percentage points greater than the 43.1% shooting opponents of the Hilltoppers have averaged.
- Florida Atlantic is 3-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall when shooting better than 43.1% from the field.
- This season, Western Kentucky has a 12-2 straight up record and a 7-7 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot over 47.3% from the field.
- The Hilltoppers are making 33% of their three-point shots this season, 2.3% lower than the 35.3% the Owls allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Western Kentucky is 4-4 against the spread and 7-1 overall when it shoots better than 35.3% from distance.
- Florida Atlantic is 2-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall when its opponents hit more than 33% of their shots from deep.
- The Owls are making 38.3% of their shots from deep, which is 1.7 percentage points higher than the 36.6% the Hilltoppers’ are averaging on the season.
- Florida Atlantic is 4-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall when shooting over 36.6% as a team from three-point range.
- Western Kentucky has a 4-6 ATS record and a 9-1 straight-up record this season when it knocks down more than 38.3% of its three-point attempts.
- The Hilltoppers connect on 5.7 three-pointers per game this season, 4.1 fewer made shots on average than the 9.8 per game the Owls allow.
- When Florida Atlantic makes more threes than its opponents, it is 3-3 against the spread and 6-4 overall. When Western Kentucky is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 6-8 ATS and 11-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from