The Charlotte 49ers (9-7) are favored (-4.5) to extend a three-game win streak when they visit the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-11) at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, February 5, 2021 at Murphy Athletic Center. The contest airs on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 120.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 5, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.1 points of each other).
In this game, the model projects a total (127.0 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (120.5 points).
Prediction: Charlotte 66, Middle Tennessee 61
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The 49ers’ average implied point total this season is 5.3 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (68.3 implied points on average compared to 63 implied points in this game).
- Charlotte has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (63) 12 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Blue Raiders (71.4) is 13.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (58).
- Middle Tennessee has totaled more than 58 points eight times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Charlotte and Middle Tennessee Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the 49ers have a 44.8% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.3% higher than the 44.5% of shots the Blue Raiders’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games Charlotte shoots better than 44.5% from the field, it is 4-3 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- Middle Tennessee has gone 3-3 against the spread and 3-4 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot higher than 44.8% from the field.
- The Blue Raiders have shot at a 37.4% rate from the field this season, 4.6 percentage points fewer than the 42% shooting opponents of the 49ers have averaged.
- Middle Tennessee is 2-2 overall and 2-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 42% from the field.
- When Charlotte’s opponents shoot greater than 37.4% from the field, it is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- The 49ers’ 33.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 5.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Blue Raiders have shot from deep (28.6%).
- Charlotte has collected a 5-5 record against the spread and a 7-4 straight-up record in games this season when hitting more than 28.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Middle Tennessee is 2-8 against the spread while putting up a 2-8 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 33.7% from downtown.
- The Blue Raiders shoot 29.7% from three-point distance this season. That’s only 0.5 percentage points lower than the 49ers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (30.2%).
- Middle Tennessee is 0-4 against the spread and 0-4 overall when shooting over 30.2% as a team from three-point range.
- Charlotte has a 5-1 ATS record and a 5-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 29.7% from three-point distance.
- When Middle Tennessee makes more threes than its opponents, it is 2-7 against the spread and 2-7 overall. When Charlotte is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 3-4 ATS and 5-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from