The UTSA Roadrunners (8-9) are slight underdogs (by 2.5 points) to break an eight-game road losing streak when they visit the Florida International Panthers (9-10) on Friday, February 5, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 154.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 5, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Panthers to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (3.1) is 0.6 points further in their direction.
The model predicts a total 5.0 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Florida International 76, UTSA 73
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Panthers have an average implied point total of 76.1 this season, which is 2.9 points lower than their implied total in Friday’s game (79).
- So far this season, Florida International has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (79) nine times.
- The 77.8-point average implied total on the season for the Roadrunners is 1.8 more points than the team’s 76-point implied total in this matchup.
- UTSA has scored more than 76 points in eight games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Florida International and UTSA Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Panthers make 43.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.4 percentage points higher than the Roadrunners have allowed to their opponents (43.5%).
- Florida International is 5-3 against the spread and 6-4 overall when it shoots higher than 43.5% from the field.
- UTSA has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 7-3 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 43.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Roadrunners’ 42.1% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.9 percentage points lower than the Panthers have given up to their opponents (46%).
- This season, UTSA has put together a 3-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall in games the team shoots above 46% collectively from the field.
- Florida International is 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall in games its opponents shoot greater than 42.1% from the field.
- The Panthers are knocking down 34.5% of their three-point shots this season, 1.3% lower than the 35.8% the Roadrunners allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Florida International has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 5-3 record overall when the team connects on more than 35.8% of its shots from three-point range.
- UTSA is 4-3 against the spread while putting together a 7-3 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 34.5% of their shots from beyond the arc.
- The Roadrunners are hitting 30.8% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 4.4 percentage points fewer than the 35.2% the Panthers’ are averaging on the season.
- UTSA is 3-1 ATS and 4-1 overall when hitting more than 35.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Florida International has a 3-3 ATS record and a 5-3 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 30.8% from distance.
- The Panthers’ 11.2 made three-pointers per game this season is 3.3 more made shots on average than the 7.9 per game the Roadrunners allow.
- When Florida International makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-7 against the spread and 8-7 overall. When UTSA is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 1-7 ATS and 1-7 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from