The Old Dominion Monarchs (7-4) are underdogs (by 4.5 points) to extend a four-game home winning streak when they host the Marshall Thundering Herd (9-4) on Friday, February 5, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 141 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 5, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Thundering Herd (-4.5)
The model projects the Thundering Herd to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by slightly more points (5.6 to 4.5).
In this game, the model projects a total (144.1 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (141 points).
Prediction: Marshall 75, Old Dominion 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Thundering Herd’s average implied point total this season is 7.5 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (80.5 implied points on average compared to 73 implied points in this game).
- Marshall has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (73) 10 times.
- The 72.2-point average implied total on the season for the Monarchs is 4.2 more points than the team’s 68-point implied total in this matchup.
- Old Dominion has put up more than 68 points four times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Marshall and Old Dominion Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Thundering Herd are shooting 46.1% from the field this season, 2.3 percentage points higher than the 43.8% the Monarchs allow to opponents.
- Marshall is 6-2-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall in games when it shoots higher than 43.8% from the field.
- Old Dominion is 5-1 overall and 2-2-1 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46.1% from the field.
- The Monarchs are shooting 42.7% from the field, 0.4% higher than the 42.3% the Thundering Herd’s opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Old Dominion has put up a 1-3 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall in games the team shoots better than 42.3% collectively from the field.
- Marshall is 4-1-1 against the spread and 7-0 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 42.7% from the field.
- The Thundering Herd are hitting 32.7% of their three-point shots this season, 3.3% lower than the 36% the Monarchs allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Marshall is 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it shoots better than 36% from distance.
- Old Dominion has put together a 2-1 against the spread while going 3-0 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 32.7% from downtown.
- The Monarchs shoot 30.3% from three-point distance this season. That’s 5.2 percentage points lower than the Thundering Herd have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.5%).
- Old Dominion is 1-3 ATS and 4-0 overall when hitting more than 35.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Marshall has a 1-0-1 ATS record and a 2-0 straight-up record in games this season when it connects on more than 30.3% of its three-point shots.
- The Thundering Herd’s 8.4 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.9 more made shots on average than the 5.5 per game the Monarchs give up.
- The Thundering Herd are 2-5-1 against the spread and 4-4 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Monarchs are 2-6-1 ATS and 6-4 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from