The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (13-4) are 7-point favorites as they attempt to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the Florida Atlantic Owls (8-7) on Friday, February 5, 2021 at FAU Arena. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 138.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 5, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Hilltoppers by 4.6 points, just 2.4 fewer than the 7-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (142.1 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (138.5 points).
Prediction: Western Kentucky 73, Florida Atlantic 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Hilltoppers’ average implied point total this season is 3.9 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (76.9 implied points on average compared to 73 implied points in this game).
- This season, Western Kentucky has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (73) eight times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Owls (70.2) is 4.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (66).
- Florida Atlantic has totaled more than 66 points in 13 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Western Kentucky and Florida Atlantic Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Hilltoppers make 45.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.4 percentage points higher than the Owls have allowed to their opponents (41.7%).
- Western Kentucky has a 12-3 straight-up record and a 7-8 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 41.7% from the field.
- Florida Atlantic has gone 3-2 against the spread and 6-3 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 45.1% from the field.
- The Owls are shooting 47.3% from the field, 4.2% higher than the 43.1% the Hilltoppers’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Florida Atlantic has a 3-3 record against the spread and a 7-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 43.1% from the field.
- This season, Western Kentucky has a 12-2 straight up record and a 7-7 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot over 47.3% from the field.
- The Hilltoppers shoot 33% from beyond the arc, 2.3% lower than the 35.3% the Owls allow to opponents.
- Western Kentucky has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when the team hits more than 35.3% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Florida Atlantic is 2-2 against the spread while putting up a 4-2 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 33% from downtown.
- The Owls are making 38.3% of their shots from deep, which is 1.7 percentage points higher than the 36.6% the Hilltoppers’ are averaging on the season.
- Florida Atlantic is 8-1 overall and 4-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 36.6% as a team from three-point distance.
- Western Kentucky has a 4-6 ATS record and a 9-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 38.3% from three-point range.
- The Hilltoppers’ 5.7 made three-pointers per game this season is 4.1 fewer made shots on average than the 9.8 per game the Owls allow.
- When Florida Atlantic makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-3 against the spread and 6-4 overall. When Western Kentucky is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 6-8 ATS and 11-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from