The UAB Blazers (14-2) are favored (-7.5) to build on a four-game win streak when they host the UTEP Miners (8-8) at 7:30 PM ET on Friday, February 5, 2021 at Bartow Arena. The matchup airs on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under set at 131.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 5, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Our computers expect the same result as DraftKings, but have the Blazers winning by a considerably greater margin (11.2 points). Take the Blazers.
The model predicts a total 3.8 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: UAB 73, UTEP 62
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Blazers have an average implied point total of 74 this season, which is four points higher than their implied total in Friday’s game (70).
- UAB has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (70) 10 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Miners (72.3) is 10.3 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (62).
- UTEP has scored more than this game’s implied total of 62 points 12 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UAB and UTEP Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Blazers have a 45.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.7% higher than the 44% of shots the Miners’ opponents have made.
- UAB is 7-2 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it shoots higher than 44% from the field.
- UTEP is 4-1 against the spread and 5-2 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot higher than 45.7% from the field.
- The Miners have shot at a 43.4% rate from the field this season, 4.5 percentage points higher than the 38.9% shooting opponents of the Blazers have averaged.
- This season, UTEP has an 8-3 record overall and a 6-2 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots higher than 38.9% from the field.
- When UAB’s opponents hit better than 43.4% from the field, it is 7-1 against the spread and 10-0 overall.
- The Blazers shoot 30.3% from deep, 5.2% lower than the 35.5% the Miners allow to opponents.
- UAB is 4-0 overall and 2-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 35.5% from distance.
- UTEP has put up a 3-0 against the spread while going 3-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 30.3% from deep.
- The Miners three-point shooting percentage this season (33%) is -3.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Blazers are averaging (29.7%).
- UTEP has a 6-3 ATS record and has gone 6-5 straight-up when hitting more than 29.7% of its three-point attempts.
- UAB has a 9-0 straight-up record and a 6-1 ATS record this season when it knocks down more than 33% of its three-point attempts.
- The Blazers’ 5.6 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.6 fewer made shots on average than the 7.2 per game the Miners give up.
- UTEP is 7-1 against the spread and 5-3 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while UAB is 4-2 ATS and 5-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from