The North Texas Mean Green (9-5) will try to extend a four-game winning streak when they host the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (14-5) at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, February 5, 2021 as 4.5-point favorites. The Bulldogs have won three games in a row. The matchup has an over/under of 131.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 5, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Mean Green (-4.5)
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Mean Green to walk away with the win, but the model spread (5.8) is 1.3 points further in their direction.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 5.4 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: North Texas 71, Louisiana Tech 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Mean Green have an average implied point total of 76.3 this season, which is 8.3 points higher than their implied total in Friday’s game (68).
- North Texas has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (68) nine times.
- The Bulldogs’ average implied point total on the season (75.6 points) is 11.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (64 points).
- Louisiana Tech will aim to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (64) for the 16th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
North Texas and Louisiana Tech Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Mean Green have a 50.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 10.1% higher than the 40.1% of shots the Bulldogs’ opponents have made.
- In games North Texas shoots higher than 40.1% from the field, it is 9-1 overall and 7-2 against the spread.
- Louisiana Tech’s record is 10-5 against the spread and 13-4 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 50.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Bulldogs’ 43.5% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.8 percentage points higher than the Mean Green have given up to their opponents (40.7%).
- This season, Louisiana Tech has a 14-1 record overall and a 10-4 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots over 40.7% from the field.
- This season, North Texas has a 7-3 straight up record and an 8-2 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43.5% from the field.
- The Mean Green’s 39.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is 9.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Bulldogs have shot from beyond the arc (30.1%).
- North Texas is 9-1 overall and 7-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 30.1% from distance.
- Louisiana Tech has gone 12-4 overall and has a 10-4 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 39.9% from deep.
- The Bulldogs three-point shooting percentage this season (34.1%) is 1.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Mean Green are averaging (32.7%).
- Louisiana Tech is 6-4 ATS and 10-2 overall when hitting more than 32.7% of its three-point attempts.
- North Texas has a 5-2 ATS record and a 4-4 straight-up record in games this season when it hits more than 34.1% of its three-point shots.
- The Mean Green hit 8.3 three-pointers per game this season, 1.0 more made shot on average than the 7.3 per game the Bulldogs allow.
- The Mean Green are 6-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Bulldogs are 2-3 ATS and 2-3 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from