Fred VanVleet leads the Toronto Raptors (9-12) into a matchup with the Brooklyn Nets (14-9) after piling up 54 points in a 123-108 win over the Magic. The Raptors are underdogs in the game on Friday, February 5, 2021, which tips off at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s point total is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 5, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Raptors Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 5
Nicolas Claxton: Out (Right knee),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL)
OG Anunoby: Out (Calf),
Patrick McCaw: Out (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Nets (-5)|
|Total Pick||Under (242.5)|
|Prediction||Nets 119, Raptors 112|
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Nets to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (6.5) is 1.5 points further in their direction.
The model predicts a total (231.0 points) much lower than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup (242.5 points). Take the under.
Nets Key Players
Nets Player Props
- Kevin Durant’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 1.3 points less than his season average of 30.8.
- James Harden’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 44.5, 2.1 higher than his season average of 42.4.
- Joe Harris’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- DeAndre Jordan’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
Raptors Key Players
Raptors Player Props
- VanVleet’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 18.5, 1.9 points less than his season average of 20.4.
- Kyle Lowry’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 31.5, 0.8 higher than his season average of 30.7.
- VanVleet’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 3.4.
- Chris Boucher’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 blocks higher than his season average of 2.0.
- The Nets make 50.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 4.8 percentage points higher than the Raptors have allowed to their opponents (45.3%).
- Brooklyn has a 9-10 record against the spread and a 13-6 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 45.3% from the field.
- Toronto has a 7-10 record against the spread and an 8-9 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 50.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Raptors are shooting 44.2% from the field, 1.5% lower than the 45.7% the Nets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Toronto is 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it shoots better than 45.7% from the field.
- Brooklyn is 5-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 44.2% from the field.
- The Nets are knocking down 40.1% of their three-point shots this season, 3.3% higher than the 36.8% the Raptors allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Brooklyn is 9-6 against the spread and 12-3 overall when it shoots better than 36.8% from distance.
- Toronto is 7-4 against the spread while putting up a 6-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 40.1% from three-point distance.
- The Raptors shoot 37.8% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 1.9 percentage points higher than the Nets have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.9%).
- Toronto has a 6-8 ATS record and is 7-7 straight-up when the team hits more than 35.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Brooklyn has a 6-7 ATS record and an 8-5 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 37.8% from three-point distance.
- The Nets knock down 14.7 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 fewer makes per game than the Raptors allow (16.1).
- Toronto is 7-6 against the spread and 8-5 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while Brooklyn is 2-4 ATS and 3-3 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Nets rank sixth in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Raptors give up the 24th-fewest made threes in the league.
Nets vs Raptors Stat Rankings
|Nets Rank||Nets AVG||Raptors AVG||Raptors Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from