The Cincinnati Bearcats (3-7) visit the Temple Owls (4-5) in a matchup of AAC teams at Liacouras Center, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 4, 2021. The Bearcats are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is set at 139.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 4, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model line is much more favorable to the Owls compared to the DraftKings line, a 8.3 point difference, and has them favored to win Thursday’s game outright. Put your money on the Owls.
The model predicts a total 1.8 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Temple 72, Cincinnati 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bearcats have an average implied point total of 71.7 this season, which is 0.7 points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (71).
- Cincinnati has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (71) four times this season.
- The Owls’ average implied point total on the season (71.1 points) is 2.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (69 points).
- Temple has put up more than 69 points in three games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Cincinnati and Temple Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Bearcats have a 43% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1% higher than the 42% of shots the Owls’ opponents have hit.
- In games Cincinnati shoots better than 42% from the field, it is 3-4 overall and 2-4 against the spread.
- Temple has a 4-0 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 43% of their shots from the field.
- The Owls’ 39.2% shooting percentage from the field this season is 6.2 percentage points lower than the Bearcats have allowed to their opponents (45.4%).
- Temple has compiled a 1-0 record against the spread and a 1-0 straight up record in games it shoots over 45.4% from the field.
- Cincinnati is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 39.2% from the field.
- The Bearcats shoot 28.2% from three-point range, 7.8% lower than the 36% the Owls allow to opponents.
- Cincinnati has put together a 1-0 record against the spread and a 1-0 straight-up record in games this season when connecting on more than 36% of its three-point attempts.
- Temple is 2-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 28.2% from deep.
- The Owls shoot 31.7% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -0.9 percentage points lower than the Bearcats have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (30.8%).
- Temple has a 4-1 ATS record and is 3-2 straight-up when the team hits more than 30.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Cincinnati has a 2-4 straight-up record and a 2-4 ATS record when it has shot better than 31.7% from three-point range.
- The Owls are 2-0-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Bearcats are 1-2 ATS and 1-2 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from