The No. 7 Ohio State Buckeyes (14-4) will try to build on a three-game winning streak when they hit the road to play the No. 8 Iowa Hawkeyes (13-4) on Thursday, February 4, 2021 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena as 5.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under of 156.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 4, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Hawkeyes to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (6.6) is 1.1 points further in their direction.
In this game, the model projects a total (154.2 points) slightly lower than the DraftKings over/under (156.5 points).
Prediction: Iowa 80, Ohio State 74
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Hawkeyes this season is 84.5 points, 3.5 more points than their implied total of 81 points in Thursday’s game.
- So far this season, Iowa has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (81) 13 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Buckeyes (75.1) is 0.9 fewer points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (76).
- Ohio State has totaled more than 76 points in 11 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Iowa and Ohio State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Hawkeyes are shooting 48.3% from the field this season, 7.1 percentage points higher than the 41.2% the Buckeyes allow to opponents.
- Iowa is 9-4 against the spread and 13-2 overall when it shoots better than 41.2% from the field.
- Ohio State is 8-7 against the spread and 13-4 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 48.3% from the field.
- The Buckeyes are shooting 45.4% from the field, 3.3% higher than the 42.1% the Hawkeyes’ opponents have shot this season.
- Ohio State is 12-1 overall and 8-3 against the spread when it shoots higher than 42.1% from the field.
- This season, Iowa has an 8-3 record against the spread and a 12-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 45.4% from the field.
- The Hawkeyes shoot 38.1% from beyond the arc, 5.6% higher than the 32.5% the Buckeyes allow to opponents.
- Iowa has a 9-3 record against the spread and a 12-2 record overall when the team connects on more than 32.5% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Ohio State has put together a 9-3 straight-up record and gone 7-4 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 38.1% from beyond the arc.
- The Buckeyes’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.4%) is only one percentage point lower than opponents of the Hawkeyes are averaging (35.4%).
- Ohio State has a 5-2 ATS record and has gone 7-1 straight-up when making more than 35.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Iowa has an 8-0 straight-up record and a 6-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 34.4% from three-point range.
- The Hawkeyes make 9.8 three-pointers per game this season, 2.0 more makes per game than the Buckeyes give up (7.8).
- Iowa has gone 6-2 against the spread and 8-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Ohio State hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-4 ATS and 5-2 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from