The California Golden Bears (7-12) are expected to continue a four-game losing streak when they host the Stanford Cardinal (10-7) as 6-point underdogs at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 4, 2021 at Haas Pavilion. The matchup airs on ESPN2. The over/under is 133 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 4, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Bears (+6)
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (4.8 points) is a little bit less than the 6-point edge DraftKings gives to the Cardinal, though the data still has them as the favorite.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (138.7 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (133 points).
Prediction: Stanford 72, Cal 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Cardinal’s average implied point total this season is 3.2 more points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (73.2 implied points on average compared to 70 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Stanford has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (70) 10 times.
- The 71.4-point average implied total on the season for the Golden Bears is 7.4 more points than the team’s 64-point implied total in this matchup.
- Cal has scored more than 64 points in 10 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Stanford and Cal Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Cardinal are shooting 45.9% from the field this season, the same as the Golden Bears allow to opponents.
- In games when Stanford shoots better than 45.9% from the field, it is 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- Cal has a 5-4 record against the spread and a 5-5 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 45.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Golden Bears have shot at a 44.3% clip from the field this season, 3.8 percentage points greater than the 40.5% shooting opponents of the Cardinal have averaged.
- Cal is 6-4 against the spread and 6-5 overall when it shoots higher than 40.5% from the field.
- When opponents of Stanford shoot over 44.3% from the field, it is 6-4 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- The Cardinal are knocking down 31.2% of their three-point shots this season, 7.8% lower than the 39% the Golden Bears allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Stanford has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall when the team makes more than 39% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Cal has put up a 3-2 straight-up record and gone 2-1 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 31.2% from three-point distance.
- The Golden Bears three-point shooting percentage this season (33.7%) is -0.4 percentage points lower than opponents of the Cardinal are averaging (33.3%).
- Cal has a 7-3 ATS record and is 5-5 straight-up in games when the team hits more than 33.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Stanford has a 3-5-1 ATS record and a 4-6 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.7% from three-point distance.
- The Cardinal’s 5.3 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.2 fewer made shots on average than the 7.5 per game the Golden Bears allow.
- When Cal makes more threes than its opponents, it is 6-4 against the spread and 5-6 overall. When Stanford is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 6-5 ATS and 8-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from