The No. 5 Houston Cougars (15-1) are heavily favored (-16) to continue an eight-game winning streak when they visit the East Carolina Pirates (7-6) at 6:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at Minges Coliseum. The contest airs on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is set at 129.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 3, 2021, 2:13 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Cougars by 14.9 points, just 1.1 less than the 16-point spread set by DraftKings.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 2.4 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Houston 73, East Carolina 58
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Cougars have an average implied point total equal to their implied total in Wednesday’s game (73).
- Houston has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (73) eight times this season.
- The 71.5-point average implied total on the season for the Pirates is 14.5 more points than the team’s 57-point implied total in this matchup.
- East Carolina will aim to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (57) for the 10th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Houston and East Carolina Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 16+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Cougars make 41.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.5 percentage points lower than the Pirates have allowed to their opponents (42%).
- Houston has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 6-0 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 42% from the field.
- East Carolina’s record is 2-3 against the spread and 5-1 overall when its opponents make more than 41.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Pirates have shot at a 42.2% clip from the field this season, 6.1 percentage points greater than the 36.1% shooting opponents of the Cougars have averaged.
- East Carolina is 3-7 against the spread and 7-5 overall when shooting higher than 36.1% from the field.
- When opponents of Houston shoot higher than 42.2% from the field, it is 10-4 against the spread and 13-1 overall.
- The Cougars are hitting 34.3% of their three-point shots this season, 2.1% higher than the 32.2% the Pirates allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Houston is 8-0 against the spread and 8-0 overall when it shoots better than 32.2% from deep.
- East Carolina has put up a 6-1 straight-up record and gone 3-3 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 34.3% from three-point range.
- The Pirates shoot 31.9% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 7.1 percentage points higher than the Cougars have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (24.8%).
- East Carolina is 6-3 overall and 3-5 against the spread when it shoots better than 24.8% as a team from three-point range.
- Houston has a 10-3 ATS record and a 13-0 straight-up record in games this season when it knocks down more than 31.9% of its three-point attempts.
- The Cougars’ 8.6 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.4 more made shots on average than the 6.2 per game the Pirates allow.
- When Houston makes more threes than its opponents, it is 11-2 against the spread and 13-0 overall. When East Carolina is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 1-7 ATS and 4-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from