The No. 22 Florida Gators (10-4) will try to build on a four-game winning streak when they host the South Carolina Gamecocks (4-6) on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at Exactech Arena as 8.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 6:30 PM ET on SECN. The matchup’s over/under is set at 154.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 3, 2021, 2:13 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Gators favored by 8.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (12.1 points). Put your money on the Gators.
The model projects a total 3.4 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Florida 81, South Carolina 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Gators have an average implied point total of 74.4 this season, which is 6.6 points lower than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (81).
- Florida has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (81) six times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Gamecocks (75.7) is 2.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (73).
- South Carolina has scored more than 73 points in six games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Florida and South Carolina Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Gators make 48% of their shots from the field this season, which is three percentage points higher than the Gamecocks have allowed to their opponents (45%).
- In games Florida shoots higher than 45% from the field, it is 6-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- South Carolina is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 48% from the field.
- The Gamecocks have shot at a 43.3% rate from the field this season, 1.1 percentage points above the 42.2% shooting opponents of the Gators have averaged.
- South Carolina is 2-3 overall and 3-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 42.2% from the field.
- Florida is 9-0 overall and 6-1 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot over 43.3% from the field.
- The Gators are making 38.6% of their three-point shots this season, 5.6% higher than the 33% the Gamecocks allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Florida is 5-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall when it shoots better than 33% from downtown.
- South Carolina has gone 3-2 overall and has a 3-2 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 38.6% from downtown.
- The Gamecocks shoot 33.6% from three-point distance this season. That’s the same as opponents of the Gators are averaging (33.6%).
- South Carolina is 2-3 ATS and 2-3 overall when the team hits more than 33.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Florida is 5-1 overall and 4-1 ATS in games it shoots above 33.6% from deep.
- South Carolina is 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while Florida is 2-0 ATS and 4-0 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from