The Wichita State Shockers (9-4) are heavily favored (by 11 points) to build on a five-game home win streak when they host the Tulane Green Wave (7-5) on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 138.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 3, 2021, 2:13 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Green Wave (+11)
The model favors the Shockers by 10.3 points, just 0.7 fewer than the 11-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model’s predicted total (137.4 points) and the DraftKings set total (138 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Prediction: Wichita State 74, Tulane 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Shockers have an average implied point total of 71.9 this season, which is 3.1 points lower than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (75).
- Wichita State will try to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (75) for the sixth time this season.
- The 70.7-point average implied total on the season for the Green Wave is 6.7 more points than the team’s 64-point implied total in this matchup.
- Tulane has put up more than 64 points six times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Wichita State and Tulane Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 11+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Shockers have a 40.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.3% lower than the 40.7% of shots the Green Wave’s opponents have hit.
- Wichita State is 5-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall in games when it shoots higher than 40.7% from the field.
- Tulane is 5-0 overall and 3-2 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 40.4% from the field.
- The Green Wave are shooting 37.9% from the field, 3.3% lower than the 41.2% the Shockers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Tulane is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when shooting higher than 41.2% from the field.
- This season, Wichita State has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 4-0 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 37.9% from the field.
- The Shockers shoot 30.9% from deep, 3.4% lower than the 34.3% the Green Wave allow to opponents.
- Wichita State has put together a 3-1 record against the spread and a 5-0 straight-up record in games this season when hitting more than 34.3% of its three-point shots.
- Tulane is 3-1 against the spread while putting together a 4-0 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 30.9% from downtown.
- The Green Wave are making 29.7% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 0.6 percentage points fewer than the 30.3% the Shockers’ are averaging on the season.
- Tulane is 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it shoots over 30.3% as a team from deep.
- Wichita State is 5-1 overall and 3-0-1 ATS in games it shoots above 29.7% from deep.
- Wichita State is 3-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Tulane is 3-4 ATS and 3-4 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from