The Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (11-7) will look to build on a four-game win streak when they host the No. 3 Villanova Wildcats (11-1) at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 as 9-point underdogs. The Wildcats have won nine games in a row. The matchup’s over/under is set at 153.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 3, 2021, 2:14 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Wildcats this season is 77.4 points, 3.6 fewer points than their implied total of 81 points in Wednesday’s game.
- So far this season, Villanova has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (81) five times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Red Storm (78.7) is 6.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (72).
- Saint John’s (NY) is trying to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (72) for the 13th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Villanova and Saint John’s (NY) Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 9+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Wildcats have a 46.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.7% lower than the 47.2% of shots the Red Storm’s opponents have hit.
- Villanova has amassed a 4-2 record against the spread and a 7-0 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 47.2% from the field.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 6-3 overall and 7-1 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 46.5% from the field.
- The Red Storm’s 45.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.1 percentage points lower than the Wildcats have allowed to their opponents (45.4%).
- This season, Saint John’s (NY) has a 6-1 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 45.4% from the field.
- Villanova is 7-0 overall and 5-1 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 45.3% from the field.
- The Wildcats’ 37.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 0.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Red Storm have shot from beyond the arc (36.6%).
- Villanova has collected a 4-0 record against the spread and a 6-0 straight-up record in games this season when connecting on more than 36.6% of its three-point shots.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 6-4 overall and 7-1 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 37.5% from deep.
- The Red Storm’s three-point shooting percentage this season (35%) is just 1.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Wildcats are averaging (36.6%).
- Saint John’s (NY) is 5-3 straight-up and has a 5-2 ATS record when the team makes more than 36.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Villanova has a 4-2 ATS record and a 6-0 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 35% from three-point distance.
- The Wildcats make 9.9 three-pointers per game this season, 2.7 more makes per game than the Red Storm allow (7.2).
- When Villanova makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 5-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall. When Saint John’s (NY) is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 1-3 ATS and 3-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from