A pair of hot teams square off when the Philadelphia 76ers (15-6) visit the Charlotte Hornets (10-11) on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Hornets are underdogs and will try to keep their three-game win streak going against the 76ers, winners of three straight. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 3, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 3
Mike Scott: Out (Knee),
Terrance Ferguson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
P.J. Washington: Day To Day (Foot),
Terry Rozier: Day To Day (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (+7.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (221.5)|
|Prediction||76ers 111, Hornets 110|
The model favors the 76ers by 1.1 points, a much smaller margin than the 7.5-point spread set by DraftKings. Take the Hornets to cover.
The model’s predicted total (221.6 points) and the DraftKings set total (221.5 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
76ers Key Players
76ers Player Props
- Joel Embiid’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 24.5, 3.8 points lower than his season average of 28.3.
- Ben Simmons’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 31.5, 2.1 higher than his season average of 29.4.
- Seth Curry’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 2.3.
- Embiid’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Gordon Hayward’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 18.5, 4.5 points lower than his season average of 23.0.
- LaMelo Ball’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 20.5, 3.9 lower than his season average of 24.4.
- Terry Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.3 shots higher than his season average of 3.2.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals lower than his season average of 1.4.
- The 76ers are shooting 47.4% from the field this season, 1.4 percentage points higher than the 46% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- Philadelphia is 9-4 against the spread and 12-1 overall when it shoots better than 46% from the field.
- Charlotte is 9-2 against the spread and 7-4 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 47.4% from the field.
- The Hornets are shooting 45.1% from the field, 0.5% higher than the 44.6% the 76ers’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Charlotte has a 10-2 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 44.6% from the field.
- Philadelphia is 6-2-1 against the spread and 7-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 45.1% from the field.
- The 76ers shoot 36.2% from three-point range, 0.2% lower than the 36.4% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- Philadelphia has assembled a 5-1 record against the spread and a 6-0 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 36.4% of its three-point shots.
- Charlotte is 6-5 against the spread while putting together a 6-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 36.2% from three-point distance.
- The Hornets shoot 37.4% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 0.8 percentage points higher than the 76ers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.6%).
- Charlotte has a 10-2 ATS record and is 8-4 straight-up when the team makes more than 36.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Philadelphia has a 10-1-1 ATS record and a 10-2 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 37.4% of its three-point shots.
- The 76ers hit 11.1 three-pointers per game this season, 2.6 fewer makes per game than the Hornets give up (13.7).
- Charlotte has gone 8-3 against the spread and 8-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Philadelphia makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 6-5-1 ATS and 7-5 straight up.
- The Hornets rank ninth in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the 76ers give up the 11th-fewest made threes in the league.
76ers vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|76ers Rank||76ers AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from