Two of the league’s top scorers take the court when Luka Doncic (fifth, 27.3 PPG) and the Dallas Mavericks (8-13) visit Trae Young (ninth, 26.9 PPG) and the Atlanta Hawks (10-10) on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on FS-SE. The Mavericks are favorites. The point total in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 3, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Hawks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 3
Kris Dunn: Out (Right ankle),
Bogdan Bogdanovic: Out (Knee),
De’Andre Hunter: Out (Right knee),
Onyeka Okongwu: Day To Day (Achilles)
|Spread Pick||Hawks (+2)|
|Total Pick||Under (224.5)|
|Prediction||Hawks 113, Mavericks 108|
While DraftKings has the Mavericks winning by two, the model has the Hawks taking home the victory, with a considerable margin between the two spreads (7.3 points). Take the Hawks.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 3.6 points highter than the model projection.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||20||16.9||3.8||1.9||0.8||0.2||3.0|
Mavericks Player Props
- Doncic’s assists prop total for the contest is posted at 8.5 assists, 0.9 assists less than his season average of 9.4.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots higher than his season average of 3.0.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks lower than his season average of 1.7.
Hawks Key Players
Hawks Player Props
- Young’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 40.5, 0.4 higher than his season average of 40.1.
- Clint Capela’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is posted at 13.5 boards, 0.9 rebounds less than his season average of 14.4.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 2.3.
- Capela’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.9 blocks lower than his season average of 2.4.
- The Mavericks are shooting 45.8% from the field this season, 1.2 percentage points higher than the 44.6% the Hawks allow to opponents.
- Dallas has a 7-5 record against the spread and a 6-6 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 44.6% from the field.
- Atlanta is 9-4 against the spread and 10-3 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 45.8% from the field.
- The Hawks have shot at a 44.7% rate from the field this season, 1.1 percentage points less than the 45.8% shooting opponents of the Mavericks have averaged.
- Atlanta has put together a 7-4 record against the spread and a 6-5 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 45.8% from the field.
- When Dallas’ opponents shoot over 44.7% from the field, it is 7-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- The Mavericks shoot 32.8% from deep, 0.7% higher than the 32.1% the Hawks allow to opponents.
- Dallas has put together an 8-3 record against the spread and a 7-4 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 32.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Atlanta is 8-5 against the spread while putting together a 9-4 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 32.8% from three-point distance.
- The Hawks’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.1%) is -0.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Mavericks are averaging (35.5%).
- Atlanta has a 10-3 ATS record and is 9-4 straight-up when the team makes more than 35.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas has a 6-2 ATS record and a 6-2 straight-up record this season when it knocks down more than 35.1% of its three-point attempts.
- The Mavericks’ 11.7 made three-pointers per game this season are only 0.6 fewer made shots on average than the 12.3 per game the Hawks give up.
- When Atlanta makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 7-5 against the spread and 7-5 overall. When Dallas is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-11 ATS and 1-12 straight up.
- The Hawks rank 19th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Mavericks give up the 11th-fewest made threes in the league.
Mavericks vs Hawks Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Hawks AVG||Hawks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from