The No. 24 Oklahoma Sooners (11-4) will attempt to build on a five-game win streak when they visit the No. 10 Texas Tech Red Raiders (12-5) on Monday, February 1, 2021 at United Supermarkets Arena as 6.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s point total is set at 137.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 1, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The Red Raiders are favored by both DraftKings and the model, but the model has them winning by significantly less (6.5 to 2.6 points). Take the Sooners and the points.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (141.0 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (137.5 points).
Prediction: Texas Tech 72, Oklahoma 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Red Raiders have an average implied point total of 74.3 this season, which is 2.3 points higher than their implied total in Monday’s game (72).
- Texas Tech has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (72) 12 times this season.
- The Sooners’ average implied point total on the season (78.6 points) is 12.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (66 points).
- Oklahoma has totaled more than 66 points 13 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Texas Tech and Oklahoma Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Red Raiders have a 43.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2% higher than the 41.9% of shots the Sooners’ opponents have hit.
- In games Texas Tech shoots higher than 41.9% from the field, it is 9-1 overall and 5-4 against the spread.
- Oklahoma is 6-3 against the spread and 9-0 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 43.9% from the field.
- The Sooners’ 44.5% shooting percentage from the field this season is four percentage points higher than the Red Raiders have allowed to their opponents (40.5%).
- Oklahoma has compiled a 10-2 straight up record and an 8-4 record against the spread in games it shoots over 40.5% from the field.
- When opponents of Texas Tech shoot greater than 44.5% from the field, it is 6-8 against the spread and 11-4 overall.
- The Red Raiders shoot 33.1% from beyond the arc, 2.6% lower than the 35.7% the Sooners allow to opponents.
- Texas Tech is 6-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 35.7% from distance.
- Oklahoma has put up a 6-1 against the spread while going 5-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 33.1% from downtown.
- The Sooners shoot 33.7% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 1.2 percentage points lower than the Red Raiders have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34.9%).
- Oklahoma is 6-1 ATS and 6-1 overall when hitting more than 34.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Texas Tech is 4-5 ATS and 8-2 overall in games it shoots above 33.7% from deep.
- The Red Raiders make 6.4 three-pointers per game this season, 1.7 fewer makes per game than the Sooners give up (8.1).
- The Sooners are 6-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Red Raiders are 2-7 ATS and 6-3 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from