The Los Angeles Clippers (15-5) visit the New York Knicks (9-11) in a matchup of Pacific Division teams at Madison Square Garden, tipping off at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 31, 2021. The Knicks are underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s point total is .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of January 30, 2021, 3:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Knicks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 31
Patrick Beverley: Out (Knee)
Reggie Bullock: Day To Day (Neck)
|Spread Pick||Knicks (+8)|
|Total Pick||Over (212)|
|Prediction||Clippers 108, Knicks 104|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (4.4 points) is much tighter than the 8-point edge William Hill gives to the Clippers, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Knicks to cover.
The model’s predicted total (212.1 points) and the William Hill set total (212 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Clippers Key Players
Clippers Player Props
- Kawhi Leonard’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 43.5, 6.8 greater than his season average of 36.7.
- Serge Ibaka’s rebounding prop total for the contest is listed at 7.5 rebounds, 0.6 rebounds higher than his season average of 6.9.
- Paul George’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 3.7.
- Leonard’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals lower than his season average of 1.9.
Knicks Key Players
Knicks Player Props
- Julius Randle’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 22.5, 0.3 points greater than his season average of 22.2.
- Alec Burks’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 2.3.
- Mitchell Robinson’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.7 steals lower than his season average of 1.2.
- This season, the Clippers have a 47.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is 5.1% higher than the 42.6% of shots the Knicks’ opponents have hit.
- Los Angeles is 11-5 against the spread and 14-2 overall when it shoots better than 42.6% from the field.
- New York is 10-6 against the spread and 9-7 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 47.7% from the field.
- The Knicks are shooting 44.4% from the field, 1.6% lower than the 46% the Clippers’ opponents have shot this season.
- New York has put together a 7-2 record against the spread and a 7-2 straight up record in games it shoots above 46% from the field.
- When Los Angeles’ opponents shoot over 44.4% from the field, it is 5-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- The Clippers are making 41.4% of their three-point shots this season, 10.1% higher than the 31.3% the Knicks allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Los Angeles has an 11-5 record against the spread and a 13-3 record overall when the team makes more than 31.3% of its three-point shots.
- New York is 10-9 against the spread while putting up a 9-10 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 41.4% from downtown.
- The Knicks are hitting 35% of their shots from three-point distance, which is -0.7 percentage points higher than the 35.7% the Clippers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- New York has an 8-4 ATS record and is 7-5 straight-up when the team hits more than 35.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles has a 10-2 ATS record and an 11-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35% from three-point range.
- The Clippers’ 14.7 made three-pointers per game this season is 5.3 more made shots on average than the 9.4 per game the Knicks give up.
- When Los Angeles makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 11-3 against the spread and 14-0 overall. When New York is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 5-8 ATS and 4-9 straight up.
- The Clippers are the fifth-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Knicks give up the eighth-fewest makes from deep.
Clippers vs Knicks Stat Rankings
|Clippers Rank||Clippers AVG||Knicks AVG||Knicks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from