The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (12-5) hit the road in C-USA play against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (7-8) on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Bulldogs are favored by 7 points in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 131.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 28, 2021, 2:14 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Eagles (+7)
The model favors the Bulldogs by 4.9 points, just 2.1 less than the 7-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model predicts a total 3.3 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Louisiana Tech 70, Southern Miss 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bulldogs have an average implied point total of 76.3 this season, which is 7.3 points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (69).
- Louisiana Tech has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (69) 12 times this season.
- The Golden Eagles’ average implied point total on the season (68.3 points) is 6.3 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (62 points).
- Southern Miss has scored more than 62 points in 10 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Louisiana Tech and Southern Miss Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Bulldogs have a 43.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.2% higher than the 40.1% of shots the Golden Eagles’ opponents have made.
- In games Louisiana Tech shoots higher than 40.1% from the field, it is 12-1 overall and 9-3 against the spread.
- Southern Miss’ record is 6-4 against the spread and 7-5 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 43.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Golden Eagles’ 44.2% shooting percentage from the field this season is 4.2 percentage points higher than the Bulldogs have allowed to their opponents (40%).
- Southern Miss has put together a 6-5 straight up record and a 7-2 record against the spread in games it shoots above 40% from the field.
- Louisiana Tech is 11-2 overall and 9-2 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot over 44.2% from the field.
- The Bulldogs’ 34.8% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Golden Eagles have shot from beyond the arc (32.4%).
- Louisiana Tech is 10-2 overall and 6-4 against the spread when it shoots better than 32.4% from distance.
- Southern Miss has put up a 6-2 straight-up record and gone 6-1 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 34.8% from downtown.
- The Golden Eagles shoot 36% from three-point distance this season. That’s 5.5 percentage points higher than the Bulldogs have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (30.5%).
- Southern Miss is 6-6 overall and 7-3 against the spread when it shoots above 30.5% as a team from three-point distance.
- Louisiana Tech is 9-3 overall and 8-2 ATS in games it shoots over 36% from deep.
- The Bulldogs’ 7.4 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.1 more made shots on average than the 6.3 per game the Golden Eagles give up.
- Louisiana Tech has gone 5-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Southern Miss hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 4-4 ATS and 3-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from