The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-9) are 9.5-point underdogs as they try to turn around a four-game losing streak when they host the UAB Blazers (12-2) on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at Murphy Athletic Center. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The matchup’s over/under is set at 130.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 28, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model projects the Blazers to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (12.1 to 9.5).
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.4 points of each other.
Prediction: UAB 71, Middle Tennessee 59
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Blazers have an average implied point total of 74.2 this season, which is 4.2 points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (70).
- UAB will attempt to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (70) for the ninth time this season.
- The 71.1-point average implied total on the season for the Blue Raiders is 10.1 more points than the team’s 61-point implied total in this matchup.
- Middle Tennessee is looking to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (61) for the fifth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UAB and Middle Tennessee Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 9.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Blazers make 46.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.3 percentage points higher than the Blue Raiders have allowed to their opponents (45%).
- UAB is 7-0 against the spread and 8-0 overall when it shoots higher than 45% from the field.
- Middle Tennessee is 2-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46.3% from the field.
- The Blue Raiders are shooting 37.2% from the field, 1.7% lower than the 38.9% the Blazers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Middle Tennessee is 2-3 against the spread and 2-3 overall when shooting better than 38.9% from the field.
- This season, UAB has a 7-0 straight up record and a 5-0 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot over 37.2% from the field.
- The Blazers are knocking down 30.7% of their three-point shots this season, 1.9% higher than the 28.8% the Blue Raiders allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- UAB has a 6-2 record against the spread and a 10-0 record overall when the team hits more than 28.8% of its shots from three-point distance.
- Middle Tennessee has put together a 2-5 straight-up record and gone 2-5 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 30.7% from three-point distance.
- The Blue Raiders shoot 29% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 0.1 percentage points higher than the Blazers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (28.9%).
- Middle Tennessee’s record is 2-4 ATS and 3-4 overall when the team hits more than 28.9% of its three-point attempts.
- UAB is 5-0 ATS and 7-0 overall in games it shoots over 29% from deep.
- The Blazers’ 5.6 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.1 fewer made shots on average than the 6.7 per game the Blue Raiders allow.
- The Blue Raiders are 2-6 against the spread and 2-6 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Blazers are 3-2 ATS and 4-2 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from