The Providence Friars (8-7) host the Marquette Golden Eagles (8-7) in a matchup of Big East teams at Alumni Hall (RI), tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 27, 2021. The Friars are 1.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at 139.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 27, 2021, 2:14 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Friars have an average implied point total of 72.5 this season, which is 2.5 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (70).
- Providence has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (70) nine times this season.
- The Golden Eagles’ average implied point total on the season (70.9 points) is 1.9 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (69 points).
- Marquette has totaled more than 69 points seven times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Providence and Marquette Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Friars are shooting 44.8% from the field this season, 4.6 percentage points higher than the 40.2% the Golden Eagles allow to opponents.
- In games Providence shoots higher than 40.2% from the field, it is 5-4 against the spread and 8-4 overall.
- Marquette’s record is 4-7 against the spread and 7-5 overall when it allows its opponents to hit more than 44.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Golden Eagles’ 44.5% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.4 percentage points higher than the Friars have given up to their opponents (44.1%).
- Marquette is 3-4 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it shoots higher than 44.1% from the field.
- Providence is 4-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall in games its opponents shoot over 44.5% from the field.
- The Friars’ 32.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Golden Eagles have shot from beyond the arc (35%).
- Providence is 4-3 overall and 5-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 35% from distance.
- Marquette has put together a 3-5 against the spread while going 5-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 32.4% from deep.
- The Golden Eagles are hitting 35.9% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is only 4.1 percentage points greater than the 31.8% the Friars’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Marquette’s record is 4-4 ATS and 6-3 overall when the team makes more than 31.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Providence is 5-4 ATS and 5-6 overall in games it shoots over 35.9% from deep.
- The Friars make 6.1 three-pointers per game this season, 1.6 fewer makes per game than the Golden Eagles allow (7.7).
- Marquette has gone 2-3 against the spread and 3-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Providence hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-5 ATS and 4-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from