The Penn State Nittany Lions (5-6) are underdogs (by 7.5 points) to break a four-game road losing streak when they visit the No. 13 Ohio State Buckeyes (12-4) on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under is 146.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 27, 2021, 2:14 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Buckeyes’ average implied point total this season is two fewer points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (75 implied points on average compared to 77 implied points in this game).
- Ohio State has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (77) nine times.
- The Nittany Lions’ average implied point total on the season (76.9 points) is 6.9 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (70 points).
- Penn State has scored more than 70 points in nine games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Ohio State and Penn State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Buckeyes are shooting 45% from the field this season, two percentage points lower than the 47% the Nittany Lions allow to opponents.
- Ohio State has a 6-0 record against the spread and a 7-0 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 47% from the field.
- Penn State’s record is 3-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 45% of their shots from the field.
- The Nittany Lions have shot at a 42.8% clip from the field this season, -1.3 percentage points fewer than the 41.5% shooting opponents of the Buckeyes have averaged.
- Penn State is 4-3 overall and 3-2 against the spread when it hits more than 41.5% of its shots from the field.
- This season, Ohio State has a 6-1 record against the spread and an 8-0 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 42.8% from the field.
- The Buckeyes shoot 34.6% from three-point range, 2.8% higher than the 31.8% the Nittany Lions allow to opponents.
- Ohio State has a 6-2 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall when the team hits more than 31.8% of its shots from three-point range.
- Penn State has gone 2-5 overall and has a 3-3 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 34.6% from deep.
- The Nittany Lions three-point shooting percentage this season (36.1%) is 3.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Buckeyes are averaging (32.5%).
- Penn State has a 3-3 ATS record and is 3-4 straight-up in games when the team makes more than 32.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Ohio State is 6-2 ATS and 7-2 overall in games it shoots over 36.1% from deep.
- The Buckeyes connect on 8 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 fewer made shots on average than the 9.4 per game the Nittany Lions allow.
- Penn State has gone 4-3 against the spread and 3-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Ohio State makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-3 ATS and 4-2 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from