The East Carolina Pirates (7-4) will attempt to end a three-game losing streak when they visit the UCF Knights (3-6) at 7:45 PM ET on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 as 6-point underdogs. The Knights have lost five games in a row. The matchup’s point total is set at 129.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 27, 2021, 2:14 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Knights favored by six, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (9.9 points). Put your money on the Knights.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 3.2 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: UCF 71, East Carolina 61
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Knights this season is 71.9 points, 3.9 more points than their implied total of 68 points in Wednesday’s game.
- UCF has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (68) two times this season.
- The 72.4-point average implied total on the season for the Pirates is 10.4 more points than the team’s 62-point implied total in this matchup.
- East Carolina has scored more than this game’s implied total of 62 points eight times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UCF and East Carolina Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Knights are shooting 40.3% from the field this season, 0.8 percentage points lower than the 41.1% the Pirates allow to opponents.
- UCF has a 2-2 straight-up record and a 2-2 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 41.1% from the field.
- East Carolina’s record is 2-3 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it allows its opponents to hit more than 40.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Pirates have shot at a 42% clip from the field this season, 0.9 percentage points less than the 42.9% shooting opponents of the Knights have averaged.
- East Carolina has compiled a 2-1 record against the spread and a 5-0 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 42.9% from the field.
- When UCF’s opponents hit better than 42% from the field, it is 1-3 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- The Knights are knocking down 33.9% of their three-point shots this season, 3.1% higher than the 30.8% the Pirates allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- UCF has a 2-4 record against the spread and a 2-4 record overall when the team knocks down more than 30.8% of its shots from three-point range.
- East Carolina has put up a 6-1 straight-up record and gone 3-3 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 33.9% from three-point range.
- The Pirates are making 33.3% of their shots from deep, which is 0.6 percentage points higher than the 32.7% the Knights’ are averaging on the season.
- East Carolina is 1-4 against the spread and 4-2 overall when it shoots above 32.7% as a team from deep.
- UCF has a 2-3 ATS record and a 2-3 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.3% from three-point range.
- When East Carolina makes more threes than its opponents, it is 2-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall. When UCF is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 1-4 ATS and 1-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from