The Los Angeles Lakers (13-4) visit the Cleveland Cavaliers (8-8) as big, favorites after Anthony Davis put up 37 points in the Lakers’ 101-90 victory over the Bulls. The matchup airs on FS-OH at 8:00 PM ET on Monday, January 25, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of January 24, 2021, 9:25 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 25
Jared Dudley: Out (Calf),
Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Right ankle),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Left ankle),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
Kevin Love: Out (Calf),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Concussion)
|Spread Pick||Cavaliers (+10)|
|Total Pick||Over (214.5)|
|Prediction||Lakers 112, Cavaliers 103|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (8.6 points) is a little tighter than the 10-point edge William Hill gives to the Lakers, though the data still has them as the favorite.
William Hill and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this contest, within 0.3 points of each other.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- LeBron James’ points prop total for the game is set at 25.5, 1.6 points greater than his season average of 23.9.
- Davis’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 36.5, 2.0 greater than his season average of 34.5.
- James’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Davis’ blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
Cavaliers Key Players
Cavaliers Player Props
- Collin Sexton’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 3.4 less than his season average of 31.9.
- Andre Drummond’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 32.5, 3.1 lower than his season average of 35.6.
- Cedi Osman’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 2.4.
- Larry Nance Jr.’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.8 steals less than his season average of 2.3.
- The Lakers make 48.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is two percentage points higher than the Cavaliers have allowed to their opponents (46.5%).
- Los Angeles is 6-5 against the spread and 8-4 overall when it shoots higher than 46.5% from the field.
- Cleveland is 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 48.5% from the field.
- The Cavaliers’ 45% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.4 percentage points higher than the Lakers have allowed to their opponents (44.6%).
- This season, Cleveland has a 7-1 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 44.6% from the field.
- Los Angeles is 7-1 against the spread and 8-0 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 45% from the field.
- The Lakers shoot 39.3% from three-point range, the same that the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles has a 6-1 record against the spread and an 8-0 record overall when the team hits more than 39.3% of its three-point shots.
- Cleveland is 8-1 against the spread while putting up an 8-2 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 39.3% from beyond the arc.
- The Cavaliers shoot 35.3% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -1.7 percentage points lower than the Lakers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.6%).
- Cleveland is 5-2 against the spread and 5-3 overall when shooting above 33.6% as a team from three-point range.
- Los Angeles is 7-3 ATS and 8-3 overall in games it shoots above 35.3% from deep.
- The Lakers connect on 12.4 three-pointers per game this season, 2.3 more made shots on average than the 10.1 per game the Cavaliers allow.
- When Los Angeles makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 8-1 against the spread and 10-0 overall. When Cleveland is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 5-7 ATS and 5-7 straight up.
- The Cavaliers rank 27th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Lakers allow the second-fewest made threes in the league.
Lakers vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from