The USC Trojans (11-3) visit the California Golden Bears (7-9) in a matchup of Pac-12 teams at Haas Pavilion, starting at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The Golden Bears are 8.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 134.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 23, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.1 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
In this game, the model projects a total (138.8 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (134.5 points).
Prediction: USC 74, Cal 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Trojans have an average implied point total of 74.1 this season, which is 2.1 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (72).
- So far this season, USC has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (72) nine times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Golden Bears (70.9) is 7.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (63).
- Cal will try to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (63) for the ninth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
USC and Cal Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Trojans are shooting 47.1% from the field this season, 1.4 percentage points higher than the 45.7% the Golden Bears allow to opponents.
- In games USC shoots better than 45.7% from the field, it is 7-2 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- Cal has put together a 6-4 record against the spread and a 6-5 record overall when its opponents knock down more than 47.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Golden Bears are shooting 45.2% from the field, 7.8% higher than the 37.4% the Trojans’ opponents have shot this season.
- Cal has put together a 7-6 record against the spread and a 7-8 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 37.4% from the field.
- This season, USC has an 8-4 record against the spread and a 10-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 45.2% from the field.
- The Trojans shoot 33.1% from three-point range, 6% lower than the 39.1% the Golden Bears allow to opponents.
- USC is 5-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall when it shoots better than 39.1% from downtown.
- Cal has a 2-1 record against the spread while going 4-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 33.1% from downtown.
- The Golden Bears three-point shooting percentage this season (34.3%) is -2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Trojans are averaging (32.3%).
- Cal is 7-3 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it shoots above 32.3% as a team from deep.
- USC is 6-0 overall and 6-0 ATS in games it shoots above 34.3% from deep.
- The Trojans hit 6.2 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 fewer makes per game than the Golden Bears give up (7.6).
- Cal is 5-3 against the spread and 5-4 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while USC is 3-3 ATS and 6-1 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from