The No. 23 UConn Huskies (7-2) visit the No. 11 Creighton Bluejays (10-4) after winning three road games in a row. The Bluejays are favored by 7 points in the contest, which starts at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is 138.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 23, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (6.1 points) is a little tighter than the 7-point edge DraftKings gives to the Bluejays, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 4.7 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Creighton 75, UConn 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bluejays have an average implied point total of 79.8 this season, which is 6.8 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (73).
- Creighton has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (73) eight times this season.
- The 75-point average implied total on the season for the Huskies is nine more points than the team’s 66-point implied total in this matchup.
- UConn is trying to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (66) for the sixth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Creighton and UConn Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bluejays are shooting 49% from the field this season, 7.5 percentage points higher than the 41.5% the Huskies allow to opponents.
- Creighton is 5-6 against the spread and 9-4 overall in games when it collectively shoots higher than 41.5% from the field.
- UConn has put together a 5-2 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall when its opponents hit more than 49% of their shots from the field.
- The Huskies are shooting 43% from the field, 3% higher than the 40% the Bluejays’ opponents have shot this season.
- UConn has put together a 6-1 straight up record and a 5-2 record against the spread in games it shoots over 40% from the field.
- Creighton is 2-5 against the spread and 7-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43% from the field.
- The Bluejays’ 36.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 6.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Huskies have shot from beyond the arc (30.2%).
- Creighton has collected a 5-2 record against the spread and a 7-2 straight-up record in games this season when hitting more than 30.2% of its three-point attempts.
- UConn has compiled a 5-1 against the spread while going 6-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 36.7% from downtown.
- The Huskies shoot 35.7% from three-point distance this season. That’s 2.4 percentage points higher than the Bluejays have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.3%).
- UConn is 4-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when shooting above 33.3% as a team from three-point range.
- Creighton is 1-5 ATS and 6-2 overall in games it shoots over 35.7% from deep.
- The Bluejays’ 10 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.7 more made shots on average than the 7.3 per game the Huskies give up.
- Creighton has gone 4-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When UConn hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 0-0 ATS and 0-0 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from