The South Carolina Gamecocks (3-4) host the Auburn Tigers (8-7) in a matchup of SEC teams at Colonial Life Arena, tipping off at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The Gamecocks are 3-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at 154.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 23, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Gamecocks taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (1.8 points). Lean towards taking the Tigers.
The DraftKings point total for this game is more than two possessions higher (7.9 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the under.
Prediction: South Carolina 74, Auburn 72
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Gamecocks’ average implied point total this season is 4.7 fewer points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (74.3 implied points on average compared to 79 implied points in this game).
- This season, South Carolina has only outscored its implied point total for this matchup (79) once.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Tigers (77.2) is 1.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (76).
- This season, Auburn has scored more than this game’s implied total of 76 points seven times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
South Carolina and Auburn Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Gamecocks are shooting 42.4% from the field this season, 0.9 percentage points lower than the 43.3% the Tigers allow to opponents.
- South Carolina is 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it shoots better than 43.3% from the field.
- Auburn is 4-1-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 42.4% from the field.
- The Tigers have shot at a 44.9% clip from the field this season, 0.4 percentage points fewer than the 45.3% shooting opponents of the Gamecocks have averaged.
- Auburn is 5-2 overall and 3-1-2 against the spread when it hits more than 45.3% of its attempts from the field.
- This season, South Carolina has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when its opponents shoot over 44.9% from the field.
- The Gamecocks’ 30.2% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Tigers have shot from deep (29.8%).
- South Carolina has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when the team knocks down more than 29.8% of its three-point shots.
- Auburn is 5-3 overall and 4-2-1 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 30.2% from deep.
- The Tigers are hitting 32.4% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 0.8 percentage points higher than the 31.6% the Gamecocks’ are averaging on the season.
- Auburn has a 1-3-1 ATS record and is 3-3 straight-up in games when the team hits more than 31.6% of its three-point attempts.
- South Carolina has a 2-1 straight-up record and a 2-1 ATS record this season when it hits more than 32.4% of its three-point shots.
- The Gamecocks knock down 7.4 three-pointers per game this season, 1.8 fewer makes per game than the Tigers allow (9.2).
- The Tigers are 4-3-1 against the spread and 5-5 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Gamecocks are 0-1 ATS and 0-1 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from