The Florida Gators (7-4) visit the Georgia Bulldogs (9-4) in a matchup of SEC teams at Stegeman Coliseum, tipping off at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The Gators are 4-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 151.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 23, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Gators to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (5.0) is 1.0 point further in their direction.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (149.2 points) a little lower than the DraftKings over/under (151.5 points).
Prediction: Florida 77, Georgia 72
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Gators have an average implied point total of 73.4 this season, which is 4.6 points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (78).
- Florida has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (78) four times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Bulldogs (80) is six more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (74).
- Georgia has put up more than 74 points in nine games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Florida and Georgia Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Gators are shooting 46.7% from the field this season, 2.3 percentage points higher than the 44.4% the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- In games Florida shoots better than 44.4% from the field, it is 6-0 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- Georgia’s record is 5-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall when its opponents make more than 46.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Bulldogs have shot at a 46.1% rate from the field this season, 4.9 percentage points above the 41.2% shooting opponents of the Gators have averaged.
- This season, Georgia has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall in games the team shoots above 41.2% collectively from the field.
- When opponents of Florida shoot over 46.1% from the field, it is 5-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- The Gators shoot 37.4% from three-point range, 6.5% higher than the 30.9% the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- Florida has put together a 4-3 record against the spread and a 5-3 straight-up record in games this season when knocking down more than 30.9% of its three-point shots.
- Georgia has put up a 5-3 against the spread while going 8-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 37.4% from downtown.
- The Bulldogs’ three-point shooting percentage this season (32%) is just 2.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Gators are averaging (34.2%).
- Georgia is 3-2 ATS and 4-3 overall when hitting more than 34.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Florida is 2-1 overall and 2-1 ATS in games it shoots above 32% from deep.
- When Florida makes more threes than its opponents, it is 2-4 against the spread and 2-4 overall. When Georgia is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-4 ATS and 4-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from