The No. 17 Minnesota Golden Gophers (11-4) host the Maryland Terrapins (7-7) after winning 11 home games in a row. The Golden Gophers are favored by 6.5 points in the contest, which starts at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The matchup’s point total is set at 145.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 23, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Gophers (-6.5)
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.3 points of each other.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 1.2 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Minnesota 76, Maryland 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Golden Gophers this season is 79.6 points, 3.6 more points than their implied total of 76 points in Saturday’s game.
- Minnesota will attempt to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (76) for the ninth time this season.
- The Terrapins’ average implied point total on the season (73.5 points) is 4.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (69 points).
- Maryland has totaled more than 69 points eight times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Minnesota and Maryland Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Golden Gophers have a 41.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3% lower than the 44.5% of shots the Terrapins’ have made.
- In games Minnesota shoots higher than 44.5% from the field, it is 7-0 overall and 5-0-1 against the spread.
- Maryland’s record is 2-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 41.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Terrapins have shot at a 46.2% rate from the field this season, 4.2 percentage points above the 42% shooting opponents of the Golden Gophers have averaged.
- Maryland has compiled a 6-3 straight up record and a 4-4 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 42% from the field.
- This season, Minnesota has a 7-2-1 record against the spread and an 11-0 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 46.2% from the field.
- The Golden Gophers are knocking down 30% of their three-point shots this season, 6.9% lower than the 36.9% the Terrapins allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Minnesota has a 3-0-1 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when the team knocks down more than 36.9% of its shots from three-point range.
- Maryland has gone 3-1 overall and has a 2-1 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 30% from downtown.
- The Terrapins’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.6%) is only 3.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Golden Gophers are averaging (32.1%).
- Maryland is 5-4 ATS and 6-4 overall when hitting more than 32.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Minnesota has a 9-1 straight-up record and a 6-3-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 35.6% from three-point range.
- The Terrapins are 3-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Golden Gophers are 1-2 ATS and 4-0 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from