The Florida State Seminoles (8-2) are 7-point favorites as they look to continue a three-game win streak when they host the No. 20 Clemson Tigers (9-3) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Donald L. Tucker Center. The matchup airs at 3:00 PM ET on ABC. The matchup has a point total of 136.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 23, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.5 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
The model predicts a total 2.4 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Florida State 73, Clemson 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Seminoles’ average implied point total this season is 0.7 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (72.7 implied points on average compared to 72 implied points in this game).
- Florida State has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (72) eight times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Tigers (67.4) is 2.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (65).
- Clemson is attempting to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (65) for the eighth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Florida State and Clemson Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Seminoles have a 47.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 4.4% higher than the 42.7% of shots the Tigers’ opponents have hit.
- Florida State has amassed a 5-1 record against the spread and a 6-1 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 42.7% from the field.
- Clemson’s record is 5-2-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall when it allows its opponents to hit more than 47.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Tigers’ 43.2% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.5 percentage points higher than the Seminoles have allowed to their opponents (40.7%).
- Clemson is 6-2 overall and 3-3-1 against the spread when it shoots higher than 40.7% from the field.
- Florida State is 6-1 overall and 3-3 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot above 43.2% from the field.
- The Seminoles’ 38.6% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Tigers have shot from beyond the arc (35.9%).
- Florida State is 6-1 overall and 5-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 35.9% from distance.
- Clemson has put up a 4-2-1 against the spread while going 7-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 38.6% from downtown.
- The Tigers are making 33.9% of their shots from three-point distance, which is only 1.2 percentage points fewer than the 35.1% the Seminoles’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Clemson is 2-4 against the spread and 4-2 overall when shooting over 35.1% as a team from three-point range.
- Florida State is 2-3 ATS and 4-1 overall in games when shooting over 33.9% from deep.
- Florida State has gone 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Clemson hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 1-2 ATS and 1-2 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from