The No. 10 Wisconsin Badgers (12-3) host the No. 15 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-4) after winning three home games in a row. The Badgers are favored by 4.5 points in the contest, which tips at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The point total is 134 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 23, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.4 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 5.6 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Wisconsin 72, Ohio State 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Badgers have an average implied point total of 68.6 this season, which is 0.4 points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (69).
- So far this season, Wisconsin has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (69) nine times.
- The 75.5-point average implied total on the season for the Buckeyes is 10.5 more points than the team’s 65-point implied total in this matchup.
- Ohio State has totaled more than 65 points 13 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Wisconsin and Ohio State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Badgers are shooting 43.9% from the field this season, 2.3 percentage points higher than the 41.6% the Buckeyes allow to opponents.
- In games Wisconsin shoots higher than 41.6% from the field, it is 9-1 overall and 6-4 against the spread.
- Ohio State’s record is 5-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 43.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Buckeyes have shot at a 44.7% clip from the field this season, 4.9 percentage points above the 39.8% shooting opponents of the Badgers have averaged.
- Ohio State is 6-4 against the spread and 11-1 overall when it shoots better than 39.8% from the field.
- When opponents of Wisconsin shoot over 44.7% from the field, it is 6-4 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- The Badgers’ 38.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is 5.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Buckeyes have shot from beyond the arc (33.2%).
- Wisconsin is 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall when it shoots better than 33.2% from distance.
- Ohio State has compiled a 5-4 against the spread while going 7-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 38.9% from deep.
- The Buckeyes are knocking down 34.7% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is just 2.1 percentage points greater than the 32.6% the Badgers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Ohio State has a 6-2 ATS record and is 8-1 straight-up when the team hits more than 32.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Wisconsin has a 5-2 ATS record and an 8-0 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 34.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Wisconsin is 5-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Ohio State is 1-3 ATS and 3-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from