The No. 24 UCLA Bruins (12-2) are 4.5-point favorites as they look to continue a seven-game winning streak when they visit the Stanford Cardinal (8-5) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Maples Pavilion. The matchup airs at 5:00 PM ET on FOX. The over/under is 138.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 23, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Bruins by 1.1 points, a much smaller margin than the 4.5-point spread set by DraftKings. Take the Cardinal to cover.
In this game, the model projects a total (142.5 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (138.5 points).
Prediction: UCLA 72, Stanford 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bruins have an average implied point total of 72.2 this season, which is 0.2 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (72).
- UCLA has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (72) nine times this season.
- The Cardinal’s average implied point total on the season (73.1 points) is 6.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (67 points).
- Stanford has scored more than 67 points in seven games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UCLA and Stanford Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Bruins have a 46.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 7.5% higher than the 39% of shots the Cardinal’s opponents have knocked down.
- UCLA has an 8-4 record against the spread and a 12-1 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 39% from the field.
- Stanford is 4-4-1 against the spread and 7-3 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 46.5% from the field.
- The Cardinal have shot at a 45.4% clip from the field this season, 2.5 percentage points above the 42.9% shooting opponents of the Bruins have averaged.
- Stanford is 7-0 overall and 5-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 42.9% from the field.
- When opponents of UCLA shoot higher than 45.4% from the field, it is 7-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- The Bruins are hitting 38.6% of their three-point shots this season, 5.7% higher than the 32.9% the Cardinal allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- UCLA is 9-1 overall and 5-4 against the spread when it shoots better than 32.9% from distance.
- Stanford has a 3-5-1 record against the spread while going 6-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 38.6% from downtown.
- The Cardinal shoot 31.1% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 0.8 percentage points lower than the Bruins have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (31.9%).
- Stanford is 3-1 straight-up and has a 3-1 ATS record when the team hits more than 31.9% of its three-point attempts.
- UCLA has a 4-0 ATS record and a 5-0 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 31.1% of its three-point shots.
- The Bruins’ 6.9 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.6 more made shots on average than the 5.3 per game the Cardinal allow.
- UCLA is 4-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall when it hit more threes than its opponents, while Stanford is 4-4 ATS and 6-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from