The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-6) are expected to extend a six-game losing streak when they host the Pittsburgh Panthers (8-2) as 2.5-point underdogs at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Lawrence Joel Coliseum. The game airs on ACCN. The matchup has a point total of 141.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 23, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Panthers to walk away with the win, but the model spread (3.4) is 0.9 points further in their direction.
The model predicts a total 1.2 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Pittsburgh 72, Wake Forest 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Panthers this season is 74.5 points, 2.5 more points than their implied total of 72 points in Saturday’s game.
- Pittsburgh has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (72) four times this season.
- The 76.6-point average implied total on the season for the Demon Deacons is 7.6 more points than the team’s 69-point implied total in this matchup.
- Wake Forest has put up more than 69 points four times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Pittsburgh and Wake Forest Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Panthers are shooting 43.4% from the field this season, 2.6 percentage points lower than the 46% the Demon Deacons allow to opponents.
- In games Pittsburgh shoots better than 46% from the field, it is 4-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Wake Forest is 2-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 43.4% from the field.
- The Demon Deacons have shot at a 44% clip from the field this season, 4.9 percentage points higher than the 39.1% shooting opponents of the Panthers have averaged.
- This season, Wake Forest has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 3-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 39.1% from the field.
- Pittsburgh is 7-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall in games its opponents shoot higher than 44% from the field.
- The Panthers are hitting 31.2% of their three-point shots this season, 0.5% higher than the 30.7% the Demon Deacons allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall when it shoots better than 30.7% from deep.
- Wake Forest has gone 2-3 overall and has a 4-0 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 31.2% from deep.
- The Demon Deacons shoot 32.3% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 6.0 percentage points higher than the Panthers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (26.3%).
- Wake Forest is 2-4 straight-up and has a 5-1 ATS record when the team hits more than 26.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Pittsburgh has a 6-1 straight-up record and a 5-2 ATS record this season when it knocks down more than 32.3% of its three-point shots.
- The Panthers connect on 6.7 three-pointers per game this season, 1.2 fewer makes per game than the Demon Deacons give up (7.9).
- Wake Forest has gone 4-1 against the spread and 2-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Pittsburgh makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-1 ATS and 3-1 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from