The Eastern Conference’s best teams, the Philadelphia 76ers (10-5) and the Boston Celtics (8-5), take the court at Wells Fargo Center on Friday, January 22, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. The 76ers are favored by at home. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 22, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Celtics Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 22
Mike Scott: Out (Knee),
Seth Curry: Day To Day (Conditioning),
Vincent Poirier: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Aaron Nesmith: Day To Day (Back),
Jayson Tatum: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Carsen Edwards: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
|Spread Pick||Celtics (+5)|
|Prediction||76ers 113, Celtics 110|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (3.0 points) is slightly less than the 5-point edge FanDuel gives to the 76ers, though the data still has them as the favorite.
76ers Key Players
76ers Player Props
- Joel Embiid’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 37.5, 3.1 less than his season average of 40.6.
- Ben Simmons’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 32.5, 3.2 higher than his season average of 29.3.
- Seth Curry’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots lower than his season average of 3.1.
- Embiid’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Jayson Tatum’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 37.5, 0.3 less than his season average of 37.8.
- Marcus Smart’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 22.5, 1.0 higher than his season average of 21.5.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Robert Williams III’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- The 76ers make 47.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.2 percentage points higher than the Celtics have allowed to their opponents (46.2%).
- Philadelphia is 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it shoots better than 46.2% from the field.
- Boston is 5-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 47.4% from the field.
- The Celtics’ 46.8% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.8 percentage points higher than the 76ers have given up to their opponents (44%).
- Boston has put together a 6-4 record against the spread and a 7-3 straight up record in games it shoots better than 44% from the field.
- Philadelphia is 5-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 46.8% from the field.
- The 76ers are hitting 36% of their three-point shots this season, the same that the Celtics allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Philadelphia has put together a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-0 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 36% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston is 3-3 against the spread and 3-3 overall when its opponents shoot better than 36% from deep.
- The Celtics’ three-point shooting percentage this season (36.6%) is only 0.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the 76ers are averaging (36.1%).
- Boston has a 6-3 ATS record and is 7-2 straight-up when the team hits more than 36.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Philadelphia has a 6-2 ATS record and a 6-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 36.6% from three-point range.
- The 76ers knock down 11.9 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.3 fewer makes per game than the Celtics give up 12.2.
- Boston is 5-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while Philadelphia is 4-4 ATS and 4-4 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The 76ers are the 22nd-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Celtics give up the fifth-fewest makes from deep.
76ers vs Celtics Stat Rankings
|76ers Rank||76ers AVG||Celtics AVG||Celtics Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from