Zion Williamson leads the New Orleans Pelicans (5-8) into a matchup against the Utah Jazz (10-4) after scoring 32 points in an 118-102 loss to the Jazz. The Jazz are favorites in the game on Thursday, January 21, 2021, which starts at 10:00 PM ET on TNT. The over/under for the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of January 21, 2021, 12:55 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 21
Elijah Hughes: Out (Ankle),
Derrick Favors: Day To Day (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Jazz (-6.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (218)|
|Prediction||Jazz 113, Pelicans 103|
Our computers expect the same result as William Hill, but have the Jazz winning by a considerably greater margin (10.4 points). Take the Jazz.
In this game, the model projects a total (216.5 points) marginally lower than the William Hill over/under (218 points).
Jazz Key Players
Jazz Player Props
- Donovan Mitchell’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 31.5, 0.6 less than his season average of 32.1.
- Rudy Gobert’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 28.5, 1.1 higher than his season average of 27.4.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots lower than his season average of 3.4.
- Gobert’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 1.2 blocks lower than his season average of 2.7.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Williamson’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 30.5, 2.7 less than his season average of 33.2.
- Steven Adams’ rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 10.5 rebounds, 1.5 rebounds higher than his season average of 9.0.
- Lonzo Ball’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots higher than his season average of 2.0.
- Ball’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
- The Jazz make 46.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is one percentage point higher than the Pelicans have allowed to their opponents (45.5%).
- In games Utah shoots higher than 45.5% from the field, it is 8-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- New Orleans’ record is 3-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall when its opponents make more than 46.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Pelicans are shooting 46.4% from the field, 2.7% higher than the 43.7% the Jazz’s opponents have shot this season.
- New Orleans has put together a 3-6 record against the spread and a 3-6 straight up record in games it shoots better than 43.7% from the field.
- When Utah’s opponents shoot higher than 46.4% from the field, it is 9-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- The Jazz’s 40.1% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Pelicans have shot from beyond the arc (37.8%).
- Utah has collected a 7-0 record against the spread and a 7-0 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 37.8% of its three-point shots.
- New Orleans has put up a 4-1 against the spread while going 5-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 40.1% from deep.
- The Pelicans are making 32.7% of their shots from deep, which is 1.6 percentage points fewer than the 34.3% the Jazz’s opponents are averaging on the season.
- New Orleans is 3-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall when shooting above 34.3% as a team from three-point range.
- Utah has a 6-0 ATS record and a 6-0 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 32.7% from three-point distance.
- The Jazz hit 16.5 three-pointers per game this season, 6.7 more makes per game than the Pelicans give up (9.8).
- Utah is 9-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while New Orleans is 3-8 ATS and 3-8 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The Pelicans make the 29th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Jazz give up the second-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Jazz vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Jazz Rank||Jazz AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from