The Boston Celtics (8-4) are underdogs as they look to continue a three-game road win streak when they take on the Philadelphia 76ers (9-5) on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at Wells Fargo Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 20, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Celtics Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 20
Mike Scott: Out (Knee),
Vincent Poirier: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Jayson Tatum: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Carsen Edwards: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
|Spread Pick||Celtics (+5.5)|
|Prediction||76ers 112, Celtics 110|
The spread for this game suggested by the model (2.1 points) is much tighter than the 5.5-point edge FanDuel gives to the 76ers, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Celtics to cover.
76ers Key Players
76ers Player Props
- Joel Embiid’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is posted at 13.5 boards, 2.0 rebounds greater than his season average of 11.5.
- Ben Simmons’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 35.5, 6.0 higher than his season average of 29.5.
- Seth Curry’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots lower than his season average of 3.1.
- Simmons’ steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Jayson Tatum’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 25.5, 1.4 points lower than his season average of 26.9.
- Tristan Thompson’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 22.5, 5.9 greater than his season average of 16.6.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Jeff Teague’s steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 1.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- The 76ers make 47.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.3 percentage points higher than the Celtics have allowed to their opponents (46.2%).
- In games Philadelphia shoots better than 46.2% from the field, it is 5-4 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Boston has a 5-2 record against the spread and a 5-2 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 47.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Celtics’ 46.8% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.1 percentage points higher than the 76ers have allowed to their opponents (43.7%).
- Boston is 6-3 against the spread and 7-2 overall when it shoots higher than 43.7% from the field.
- When Philadelphia’s opponents shoot greater than 46.8% from the field, it is 5-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- The 76ers shoot 36.2% from deep, the same that the Celtics allow to opponents.
- Philadelphia is 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall when it shoots better than 36.2% from distance.
- Boston is 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall when its opponents shoot better than 36.2% from deep.
- The Celtics shoot 36.6% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 0.5 percentage points higher than the 76ers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.1%).
- Boston is 6-2 ATS and 7-1 overall when the team makes more than 36.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Philadelphia has a 5-2 ATS record and a 5-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 36.6% from three-point distance.
- The 76ers make 12.1 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.1 fewer makes per game than the Celtics give up 12.2.
- When Boston makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall. When Philadelphia is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 3-4 ATS and 3-4 straight up.
- The Celtics make the 20th-most three-pointers in the league, while the 76ers give up the 17th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
76ers vs Celtics Stat Rankings
|76ers Rank||76ers AVG||Celtics AVG||Celtics Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from