Southeast Division foes meet when the Atlanta Hawks (6-7) host the Detroit Pistons (3-10) at State Farm Arena, starting at 7:30 PM ET on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. The Hawks are favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 20, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hawks vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 20
Danilo Gallinari: Out (Ankle),
Kris Dunn: Out (Right ankle),
Cam Reddish: Day To Day (Knee),
Trae Young: Day To Day (Heel),
Bogdan Bogdanovic: Out (Knee),
De’Andre Hunter: Day To Day (Knee)
Frank Jackson: Day To Day (Ankle),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
|Spread Pick||Hawks (-6)|
|Total Pick||Over (220.5)|
|Prediction||Hawks 115, Pistons 107|
The FanDuel line for this game has the Hawks favored by six, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (8.0 points).
The model’s predicted total (221.5 points) and the FanDuel set total (220.5 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Hawks Key Players
Hawks Player Props
- Trae Young’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 39.5, 3.2 greater than his season average of 36.3.
- Clint Capela’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 27.5, 0.2 greater than his season average of 27.3.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 2.3.
- Capela’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Jerami Grant’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 15.5, 9.4 points lower than his season average of 24.9.
- Derrick Rose’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 25.5, 2.9 higher than his season average of 22.6.
- Grant’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Mason Plumlee’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.0 steal lower than his season average of 1.5.
- This season, the Hawks have a 43.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is six% lower than the 49.7% of shots the Pistons’ opponents have made.
- Atlanta is 1-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall when it shoots higher than 49.7% from the field.
- Detroit has a 0-2 record against the spread and a 0-2 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 43.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Pistons are shooting 42.5% from the field, 1.1% lower than the 43.6% the Hawks’ opponents have shot this season.
- Detroit is 4-1-1 against the spread and 1-5 overall when it shoots better than 43.6% from the field.
- This season, Atlanta has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 5-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 42.5% from the field.
- The Hawks are making 34% of their three-point shots this season, 4.9% lower than the 38.9% the Pistons allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Atlanta has assembled a 4-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 38.9% of its three-point shots.
- Detroit has put up a 2-2 against the spread while going 2-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 34% from downtown.
- The Pistons are hitting 34.5% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is -1.6 percentage points fewer than the 32.9% the Hawks’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Detroit is 4-2-1 against the spread and 1-6 overall when shooting over 32.9% as a team from three-point range.
- Atlanta is 4-5 ATS and 5-4 overall in games it shoots above 34.5% from deep.
- The Hawks make 12.5 three-pointers per game this season, just 0.8 fewer made shots on average than the 13.3 per game the Pistons give up.
- Detroit is 4-1-1 against the spread and 2-4 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Atlanta is 2-4 ATS and 1-5 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Pistons are the 10th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Hawks give up the ninth-fewest makes from deep.
Hawks vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Hawks Rank||Hawks AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from