Two streaking teams meet when the No. 15 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-3) host the Purdue Boilermakers (10-5) on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 6:30 PM ET. The Buckeyes are 4-point favorites and put their three-game win streak on the line against the Boilermakers, who have won three straight. The matchup has an over/under of 139 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 19, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.2 points of each other).
The model predicts a total 2.9 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Ohio State 73, Purdue 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Buckeyes’ average implied point total this season is 3.8 more points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (75.8 implied points on average compared to 72 implied points in this game).
- Ohio State has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (72) 10 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Boilermakers (72.6) is 4.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (68).
- Purdue has put up more than 68 points 10 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Ohio State and Purdue Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Buckeyes have a 45.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.5% higher than the 41.6% of shots the Boilermakers’ opponents have knocked down.
- Ohio State has a 6-2 record against the spread and a 9-1 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 41.6% from the field.
- Purdue’s record is 6-4 against the spread and 10-2 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 45.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Boilermakers have shot at a 45.3% clip from the field this season, 4.1 percentage points greater than the 41.2% shooting opponents of the Buckeyes have averaged.
- This season, Purdue has compiled a 4-3 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall in games the team shoots better than 41.2% collectively from the field.
- When Ohio State’s opponents hit better than 45.3% from the field, it is 5-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- The Buckeyes shoot 34.2% from beyond the arc, 3.5% higher than the 30.7% the Boilermakers allow to opponents.
- Ohio State is 8-0 overall and 6-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 30.7% from distance.
- Purdue has gone 7-1 overall and has a 5-2 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.2% from downtown.
- The Boilermakers three-point shooting percentage this season (35.5%) is 1.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Buckeyes are averaging (33.8%).
- Purdue is 3-3-1 ATS and 6-2 overall when the team makes more than 33.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Ohio State has a 5-1 ATS record and a 6-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.5% from distance.
- Purdue is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while Ohio State is 1-3 ATS and 3-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from