The Butler Bulldogs (4-7) visit the DePaul Blue Demons (2-4) after losing four road games in a row. The Blue Demons are favored by just 1 point in the contest, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is 135.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 19, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Blue Demons (-1)
Our computers expect the same result as DraftKings, but have the Blue Demons winning by a considerably larger margin (4.6 points). Take the Blue Demons.
The model predicts a total 4.8 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: DePaul 72, Butler 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Blue Demons have an average implied point total of 76.6 this season, which is 8.6 points higher than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (68).
- DePaul has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (68) four times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Bulldogs (69.9) is 2.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (67).
- Butler has put up more than 67 points three times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
DePaul and Butler Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Blue Demons are shooting 46% from the field this season, 0.6 percentage points lower than the 46.6% the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- DePaul has a 1-1 straight-up record and a 2-0 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 46.6% from the field.
- Butler is 2-3 against the spread and 3-3 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46% from the field.
- The Bulldogs are shooting 41.8% from the field, 0.7% lower than the 42.5% the Blue Demons’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Butler has a 1-5 record overall and a 1-4 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots higher than 42.5% from the field.
- DePaul is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 41.8% from the field.
- The Blue Demons shoot 37.8% from three-point range, 0.4% higher than the 37.4% the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- DePaul has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when the team hits more than 37.4% of its shots from three-point range.
- Butler is 2-1 against the spread while putting together a 2-2 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 37.8% of their shots from three-point distance.
- The Bulldogs are making 34.2% of their shots from three-point distance, which is -6.1 percentage points fewer than the 28.1% the Blue Demons’ are averaging on the season.
- Butler is 3-3-1 against the spread and 3-5 overall when shooting above 28.1% as a team from three-point range.
- DePaul is 2-3 overall and 3-1 ATS in games it shoots over 34.2% from deep.
- When DePaul makes more threes than its opponents, it is 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall. When Butler is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 1-5 ATS and 2-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from