The No. 7 Michigan Wolverines (11-1) are heavily favored (by 10 points) to build on a nine-game home winning streak when they host the Maryland Terrapins (7-6) on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 140.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 19, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.3 points of each other).
In this game, the model projects a total (143.1 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (140.5 points).
Prediction: Michigan 77, Maryland 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Wolverines have an average implied point total of 77.9 this season, which is 2.9 points higher than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (75).
- This season, Michigan has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (75) 10 times.
- The 73.3-point average implied total on the season for the Terrapins is 8.3 more points than the team’s 65-point implied total in this matchup.
- Maryland has totaled more than 65 points 10 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Michigan and Maryland Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 10+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Wolverines have a 51.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 7.7% higher than the 43.9% of shots the Terrapins’ opponents have knocked down.
- Michigan is 9-2 against the spread and 11-0 overall when it shoots better than 43.9% from the field.
- Maryland is 7-4 overall and 5-4 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 51.6% from the field.
- The Terrapins have shot at a 46.5% rate from the field this season, nine percentage points above the 37.5% shooting opponents of the Wolverines have averaged.
- Maryland is 5-6 against the spread and 7-5 overall when shooting better than 37.5% from the field.
- Michigan is 8-2 against the spread and 10-0 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 46.5% from the field.
- The Wolverines’ 36.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 0.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Terrapins have shot from deep (35.8%).
- Michigan has a 4-0 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when the team connects on more than 35.8% of its shots from three-point range.
- Maryland is 3-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall when its opponents shoot better than 36.5% from deep.
- The Terrapins are hitting 36.5% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is just 2.8 percentage points greater than the 33.7% the Wolverines’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Maryland is 6-3 straight-up and has a 5-3 ATS record when the team hits more than 33.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Michigan has a 6-2 ATS record and a 7-1 straight-up record in games this season when it hits more than 36.5% of its three-point shots.
- When Maryland makes more threes than its opponents, it is 3-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall. When Michigan is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 4-1 ATS and 5-0 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from